Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lac le jeune - stump lake hunting

lac le jeune - stump lake hunting

How's the hunting between these two lakes? Looks like some nice unlogged country on google earth at least. Cant tell how thick it is, or if there are ATV trails cut all throughout, or if there's decent game numbers though

I'm assuming it gets a lot of pressure, but seems like the large unlogged area between the two lakes would allow one to get away.

Looking to take the old man out somewhere other than his usual Tunkwa trip.

Thanks. Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: lac le jeune - stump lake hunting

Lots of private land.
    Most of the deer stay on the private land and the area outside the private is heavily pressured.
    Personally, I'd rather hunt Tunkwa.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Lots of private land.
    Most of the deer stay on the private land and the area outside the private is heavily pressured.
    Personally, I'd rather hunt Tunkwa.
    noted. Thanks! Appreciate it.

All posted ranch land it seems where the deer are. Stump lake ranch to the south, Napier ranch ,posted land and farms all from Knutsford to Lac la june. Logging roads to explore but lots of clear cut. Crazy pressure from the Loops and Merritt guys. I fish a few lakes in the area and lots of new no hunting/shooting signs up this summer. I've been in Kamloops for 6 years and to see the increased pressure in the bush just from my time here is crazy. Guys are everywhere. The good side is if you break down out there someone will always be along shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    All posted ranch land it seems where the deer are. Stump lake ranch to the south, Napier ranch ,posted land and farms all from Knutsford to Lac la june. Logging roads to explore but lots of clear cut. Crazy pressure from the Loops and Merritt guys. I fish a few lakes in the area and lots of new no hunting/shooting signs up this summer. I've been in Kamloops for 6 years and to see the increased pressure in the bush just from my time here is crazy. Guys are everywhere. The good side is if you break down out there someone will always be along shortly.
    why would the kamloops guys be hunting SOUTH of the loops where most of the lower mainland guys go? I never understood that.

Same reason you go there. It all looks SO GOOD!!! lol. Just gets pounded though. Plus the indians are hunting there as well and before the rest of us so its gets really worked over. It gets depressing when your driving home at dusk and the valley bottoms are full of hundreds of mulies. I think it was so dry this year the deer are real low where there is some green. Its just yellow/ brown up in the hills. Dry as a popcorn fart.

These threads are hard to respond to because I sound so negative and probably give the impression that I'm just trying to keep you away but that's not the case. I'm just telling the facts. There's another thread going right now asking about hunting near Savona. It's even worse over there for guys. We drove up to Red lake at dusk on Monday eve and we passed probably 10 vehicles coming down from the bush while we went up. Its a shit show for guys anywhere around the Loops.

I know the uncut swath of timber south of Lac Le Jeune you're looking at in the satellite imagery - it is DENSE, and not in the good sort of way. Definitely deer in there, but you'll be begging for some open space to see. Finally, once you can see, you're on the private ranch land...
    Last edited by Ryo; 11-02-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    I know the uncut swath of timber south of Lac Le Jeune you're looking at in the satellite imagery - it is DENSE, and not in the good sort of way. Definitely deer in there, but you'll be begging for some open space to see. Finally, once you can see, you're on the private ranch land...
    been there way too many times .... thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Same reason you go there. It all looks SO GOOD!!! lol. Just gets pounded though. Plus the indians are hunting there as well and before the rest of us so its gets really worked over. It gets depressing when your driving home at dusk and the valley bottoms are full of hundreds of mulies. I think it was so dry this year the deer are real low where there is some green. Its just yellow/ brown up in the hills. Dry as a popcorn fart.

These threads are hard to respond to because I sound so negative and probably give the impression that I'm just trying to keep you away but that's not the case. I'm just telling the facts. There's another thread going right now asking about hunting near Savona. It's even worse over there for guys. We drove up to Red lake at dusk on Monday eve and we passed probably 10 vehicles coming down from the bush while we went up. Its a shit show for guys anywhere around the Loops.

"we" go there because its close to home. If i lived in Kamloops you can bet your ass i'd NEVER hunt anywhere south of kamloops, as far as reg 3 is concerned, that's for sure.

With the amount of snow falling in the Kamloops area today road access will start to become more difficult. 2 wheel drives of any kind will be done, 4x4 with chains will get you more access and if your not very careful into more trouble. Main logging roads leaving valley bottoms with no log hauling thus no snow ploughing will become tougher. We usually see this situation a little later in November.