Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got me a last minute doe

Re: Got me a last minute doe

Way to go, they're tasty!

I was hoping for a last minute animal as well. Good to hear someone was fortunate.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Nothing wrong with shootin Does Sawmill.They taste great.I was hoping for a moose this season but I'm pretty stoked with a Quesnel & Prince George double on 2 point Muleys although my son brags "Mine is bigger than yours"LOL Cheers Mark

Meat in the freezer for the old cowboy ,,congrats Joe..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Got lucky again ,I love hunting in the snow. And Lord, is it snowing here now.Stopped at Petro Can to get a new tag and some fuel....WTF!!! 1.25.9 today! Out just at first good light and saw a nice 4 point chasing a doe and fawn around. They took off over the hill so I walked up and sure enough, broadside at 150 paces. I got to quit smoking, puffing like a steam engine by the time I got him loaded. Deer sure are fat this year.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Hey Sawmill. Have you ever considered a game cart? I use mine all the time if I can and it is a huge help for pulling out deer. The flatter the terrain the better obviously but it might save you from having a jammer getting a deer back to the truck. It's easy to load as well. Just put the end of the cart on the tailgate and slide it in. It's one of the best $150 I've invested in hunting gear. I've used it through snow but a ice fishing sled works better for that situation.