Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking For Info On New Zealand Hunt

Re: Looking For Info On New Zealand Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by dhlodak View Post
    BCHunterFSJ- who did you hunt with in Slovakia if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Slovakia originally and live in FSJ now since 2010. I must agree with you, there is very good hunting opportunities in Slovakia and very reasonable prices as well. The main difference from here is that you only pay harvest fee after you take your animal and daily guiding fees and accommodation are minimal 50-80 euros a day. Very good stag, both free range and fenced, good quality mouflon and fallow deer as well. I hunted with couple of my friends here : www.dudin.sk
    I met a Slovakian hunter while hunting in Argentina and he helped me to organize a hunt. I hunted with an outfitter called VULPES, guided byEduard Dubovsky. I shot a very nice "gold medal" mouflon.

Last edited by BCHunterFSJ; 03-03-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I have a question for those that have done these far away Hunts like New Zealand. We see what the costs of various hunts are but what kind of cost breakdown for Hide and antler prep plus the shipping home. How long does it take for shipping to reach home ? Are there Brokerage fees ? Is it cheaper to get taxidermy there then have it crated and shipped Home ? It was quite a surprise for me of the extra costs to get my Texas animals Home. This is just stuff i would like to know more than it being a Big Surprise later.
    In 2015 I paid $495NZ for a stag Euro mount on a plaque. Crating, documentation and air freight came to around $1000 NZ, the vast majority of that: $700: was the air freight. The crate was about 3 1/2' x 3 1/2' x 2 1/2' and weighed 129kgs....there was more in it besides just the stag. Importation fees and then in Canada shipping came in around $500CN. I elected to pay for it all vs spending time doing prep in NZ. ...to each his own. It was 11 months from the time I left NZ till the crate showed up here.
    How does that compare to TX hunting? I'm interested in going there and as you noted...this is the part that is seldom discussed.
    Octagon Barrels are "in"...they were never "out"

Anyone done a semi guided hunt in NZ, like drop camp or paid a trespass/hunt fee for private land? I think for the first time I'd be much more comfortable doing something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Anyone done a semi guided hunt in NZ, like drop camp or paid a trespass/hunt fee for private land? I think for the first time I'd be much more comfortable doing something like that.
    Have a look at http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi. Plenty of great guys on there. It’s how the Kiwis actually hunt. I’m sure there will be a bloke (guy) that would help you out especially if you are willing to help them out or at the least share a story or two.
    Would love to be someone’s packhorse on a goat hunt.