Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black bear

Re: Black bear

Quote Originally Posted by Kill-da-wabbit View Post
    The only concern as to the whole self defence thing is whether or not you take the bear home. Leave it there and you shouldn't have a problem.
    thx thats kinda what i thought but i'd not be happy letting it go to waste..

"I live on a small acreage in the vicinity. The bears often don’t go down until after Christmas , even last year when thick snow was on the ground. Lived here for thirty years and this is the general pattern."

ok thx dinsdale FYI I respect the gates in the area and I go in on foot( not big fan of ATV's for the most part) don't leave trash etc. i know there are some property owners in the area like yourself and I respect that....
    Last edited by coplin; 11-01-2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: redo

Buy a bear tag .....
    The next hunter/hiker, etc. that comes along may not have the luck/resources that you had.
    This bear's behavior has been reinforced with his interaction with you.
    One in the brainpan = good sausage.

Buy the tag.

I don't understand people hesitant to shoot an animal in self defence. If my health is at stake, whatever is threatening me is going to get shot, as a last action.

If it's threatening your life, take it's.

And go back and shoot the thing would ya

Some good responses, well said Ace
    And without hesitation Big Red
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Never RISK anything over the life of a BEAR he wouldnt for you NEXT time put a CHUNK of lead in his HEAD ! You might be saving a unarmed person ( CHILD ) from a Mauling ! JMO RJ

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Buy a bear tag .....
    The next hunter/hiker, etc. that comes along may not have the luck/resources that you had.
    This bear's behavior has been reinforced with his interaction with you.
    One in the brainpan = good sausage.

Buy the tag.
    thx i'll look into that . it's just that I have tunnel vison" for a buck and little worried about worms from bear no experience with those for meat but I'll read more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    I don't understand people hesitant to shoot an animal in self defence. If my health is at stake, whatever is threatening me is going to get shot, as a last action.

If it's threatening your life, take it's.

And go back and shoot the thing would ya
    your right for sure , its just that at the time it happened kinda fast wasn't thinking on point

This is the exact reason I have a bear tag. I'm really not into bear hunting or bear meat but I am into covering my ass when shit goes a little sideways. $20 and blast that "not quite right" bear right in the head.
    R.I.P BiG Boar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    This is the exact reason I have a bear tag. I'm really not into bear hunting or bear meat but I am into covering my ass when shit goes a little sideways. $20 and blast that "not quite right" bear right in the head.
    but then you would have meat that don't really want i dunno??
    Last edited by coplin; 11-01-2017 at 01:24 PM. Reason: was dumd first comment