Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What would you do

Re: What would you do

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    B.S. If you pass on a legal deer you might not get another chance. I would have zipped it. Screw her. She probably buys her meat at a store where no animals are hurt. Take her name and L # and report her. QUIT sucking up to the greenies. Sick of those basterds.
    Totally in agreement, there is no need for us to worry about their feelings because the only thing that will make them happy is a total ban on hunting. So have at 'er.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Well done. Life is short, why instill confrontation when you don't really need it. And at a time when hunters are under the microscope why try to stand on some legal high ground when socially it will harm us ten-fold. I'm really unclear why most people responding to you think, shoot the deer first, talk later. It's so confrontational and unnecessary. As we're all famous for saying, "just go elsewhere". Hunters blame FN for doing very similar things. I simply can't understand why so many on here don't have the ability to see all sides of this, and show some respect. Perhaps it's not the lack of hunting stories that is driving good people away from this site but the lack of experience. FN are in the right (legally) to do what they are, yet, we're spouting off constantly that what they do is not ok. Good move on your part for leaving this alone.
    WOW....wrong call. IMHO. Don't shoot the deer and empower the witch to keep pulling that stunt. She is anti hunting and there isn't a thing in this world you could do to change her mind on that, including kissing her butt.

^^ I didn't see that she was a witch. Just a person who thought they were in the right. Mistakenly of course. I offered my opinion, perhaps not as aggressively as most on here. How is that wrong? You can't deny my comment about the double standard that hunters think they should be able to live by. The non/anti hunter won't change. What changes is our 'desire' to let it go, or escalate it into something ugly. I'll take the high ground every time. The non hunter already see us as bottom feeders, why prove them right?

But, hey guys, unless each of you is doing something positive each and every day to ensure the heritage of the hunt continues, then I'd suggest you take a hard look at the attitude of kill the animal in view of non hunters, burn the witch and challenge the court. You'll lose every time.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    ^^ I didn't see that she was a witch. Just a person who thought they were in the right. Mistakenly of course. I offered my opinion, perhaps not as aggressively as most on here. How is that wrong? You can't deny my comment about the double standard that hunters think they should be able to live by. The non/anti hunter won't change. What changes is our 'desire' to let it go, or escalate it into something ugly. I'll take the high ground every time. The non hunter already see us as bottom feeders, why prove them right?

But, hey guys, unless each of you is doing something positive each and every day to ensure the heritage of the hunt continues, then I'd suggest you take a hard look at the attitude of kill the animal in view of non hunters, burn the witch and challenge the court. You'll lose every time.
    I believe the act of shooting a deer is a thing of beauty, not ugly as you've painted it? Why would you see that as escalating anything when clearly it was the anti hunter that was already acting in a loathsome manner?? She had already created a scene, and disturbed the serenity of his hunt....

J-T, as my father used to say, from his days at "The Yankee Girl", "The Second Relief" and "The Gold Belt", starting aged 16, 1920, when dealing with certain types, "What can you expect from a pig, but, a grunt" .

So, you are right, but, it is a waste of time to discuss this as most issues with this character. "Natural Conservationist" and all that..........

All season long, so called hunters have come to our community, to hunt the local whitetail populations. They don't however go past "the community" to do their hunting. Lots of deer live locally and I can't count the number of fricken hunters I see driving around our country streets, some clearly driving up posted private property driveways, hoping to bag thier deer.!!!!a few deer have been taken out of their vehicles, on the very streets our children walk home on. Some charged some not. What a joke. if your gonna shoot a deer beside a road where the public drive you need to think about perception. Who's gonna see it legal or not, where's the bullet gonna go? Just because there's a legal deer standing there doesn't mean blaze away. Get away from the villages, the city centres, we pay 500 bucks for our mendles boots, put the fricken things on the ground and enjoy a hunt, just a rant, I'm not talking directly to the poster as I don't know his peticular situation just to all the cowboys out their who continue to give us hunters out their a bad name. Treat my backyard like you'd treat your own if it had deer

Quote Originally Posted by Dour View Post
    If you like 65 year old hippies sure. That drives a echo hahahah
    Then I would just ignore her. At that age, she's not going to come around to be pro hunting.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

embarrassed of my fellow hunters blazing cowboy ways, appreciate the calm, level, high road approach that some on here convey, this is what we need more of. Thank you for this approach, without it all hunting is doomed.

Here's another spin on it- The hunter is in a legal to shoot area, and there is no safety concerns. He's on his way to chase the giant buck he has picked up on his trail cam a few times and seen glimpses of through the season, but no opportunity for a shot. This buck is the largest he's ever seen, and is larger than most record book bucks. and the hunter has been going hard, using every moment he has to be out hunting. He's down to the last day of the season, it's now or never, so he goes to take one more crack at the buck.

Just like the OP, the hunter is walking a clearing when the giant buck shows himself. He's lining up on this big buck when a 65 yr old hippy lady in an echo starts yelling at him.

Should he refrain from taking the shot because it might upset her?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Assuming you were in a legal area to shoot, you were well within your rights to do so and she was not within in her rights to do what she did (i.e. interfere with a legal hunt). I would have shot the deer, taken down here plate #, and reported her to the CO's. No need to say anything to her just let the CO's deal with it. She may not give a crap what they have to say, but it's an opportunity to educate someone who is likely oblivious to the rules. May cause her to think twice next time.