Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do

Re: What would you do

Hunters who do not want to have these kind of issues may want to consider taking an educational approach rather than an offensive one. It does a lot more positive for hunting overall. Charging the person will get the point across they were wrong but if you educate them in a positive manner that person is more likely to pass on the information and a positive outlook on hunters.

It may cost you a deer and some time but has a better chance of improving things for hunters on a larger scale

That said if the individual has is rude with no interest in being educated inform them they can be charged with interfering with a legal hunt and if they push the matter do so

Sometimes it's best to try and resolve issues before making it a legal matter

Despite the best of intentions (education, open dialogue, explain regulations, etc), never get into a conversation with these people in the bush...you are a man, with a gun, approaching a woman...even if you leave the gun in the truck it's still an intimidation factor, it's he said vs she said, guess which argument the rcmp is going to take more seriously, the interfered hunt? or the report of assault/threatened with weapon....kiss some $$ goodbye for your lawyer

record details, pictures if possible and report it

if you are fully correct you were in the right and legal to shoot, next time just shoot the deer....don't need to ask permission
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    Despite the best of intentions (education, open dialogue, explain regulations, etc), never get into a conversation with these people in the bush...you are a man, with a gun, approaching a woman...even if you leave the gun in the truck it's still an intimidation factor, it's he said vs she said, guess which argument the rcmp is going to take more seriously, the interfered hunt? or the report of assault/threatened with weapon....kiss some $$ goodbye for your lawyer

record details, pictures if possible and report it

if you are fully correct you were in the right and legal to shoot, next time just shoot the deer....don't need to ask permission
    Shoot deer, bag it and tag it, if cell signal don't move to road, call RCMP right away. It's interference with a legal hunt, it's liability on them not just as a fine, but civil liability to you too for your time, stress and everything else you can prove in court. They touch your car ...OH! No need to threaten, just go after their worth, you're exercising a right, you're insured, they're just expressing hurt feelings while breaking the law. Period!
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Dour View Post
    I got granola hit last hunt on a white tail doe!!! The doe had no fawns !! I was in a area where you can shoot everything was good to go I was walking the clearing all of a sudden a car shows up behind on the road. The lady starts yelling you can’t kill deer here but yes I can I know where I can and can’t I’m not a dick !!!! The doe didn’t take off until!!! She honked her horn!!!!!! I had time to shoot it but when she was yelling I didn’t . Should I have just shot the deer ???
    Yes, if you're certain the area you are in is legal to hunt, then bag your animal, unload weapon, and call RCMP. By the time they arrive, you'd have dressed it and she can get a fine ...opens up way for you to file a restriction order, civil claim (if they decide to touch your belongings, as in damage car etc).
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

If you're absolutely positive you are legally allowed to shoot the deer from where you are standing,
    shoot the deer while she's mouthing off, and then ask her if she'd like to help gut and skin it...maybe
    even offer her a chunk.

I was off the road in a grass field. She pulled up and started it . I just kinda look at her and was like really . I did get 2 white tail. That day so it wasn’t to big of a deal. I got a devil buck and a ok doe But I just wanted to see what others would have done I didn’t know people couldn’t do that That’s great to know. But like others commented It’s not worth getting into it with a granola eater I just said bye deer walked to the ride and continued on my way.

I was off the road in a grass field. She pulled up and started it . I just kinda look at her and was like really . I did get 2 white tail. That day so it wasn’t to big of a deal. I got a devil buck and a ok doe But I just wanted to see what others would have done I didn’t know people couldn’t do that That’s great to know. But like others commented It’s not worth getting into it with a granola eater I just said bye deer walked to the ride and continued on my way.
    Well done. Life is short, why instill confrontation when you don't really need it. And at a time when hunters are under the microscope why try to stand on some legal high ground when socially it will harm us ten-fold. I'm really unclear why most people responding to you think, shoot the deer first, talk later. It's so confrontational and unnecessary. As we're all famous for saying, "just go elsewhere". Hunters blame FN for doing very similar things. I simply can't understand why so many on here don't have the ability to see all sides of this, and show some respect. Perhaps it's not the lack of hunting stories that is driving good people away from this site but the lack of experience. FN are in the right (legally) to do what they are, yet, we're spouting off constantly that what they do is not ok. Good move on your part for leaving this alone.

Should've done ripped it right there, then when she goes and reports you she'd find out she's in the wrong from an authority figure, not sure why people say they'd just cave and "educate" the person when what they're doing is %100 legal, everyone wants to come across as the ethical keyboard hero these days.

I got granola hit last hunt on a white tail doe!!! The doe had no fawns !! I was in a area where you can shoot everything was good to go I was walking the clearing all of a sudden a car shows up behind on the road. The lady starts yelling you can’t kill deer here but yes I can I know where I can and can’t I’m not a dick !!!! The doe didn’t take off until!!! She honked her horn!!!!!! I had time to shoot it but when she was yelling I didn’t . Should I have just shot the deer ???

Well, first things first...Was she hot?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

If you like 65 year old hippies sure. That drives a echo hahahah