Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do

Re: What would you do

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    No its not a thing. Imagine how silly the report would sound.
    "but officer the lady was yelling at me !"
    Just go over and try to have a civil conversation, and if thats not going to happen , walk away
    Yeah, its definitely "a thing".... Interfering with a legal hunt is an offence. She was most definitely attempting to interfere with his lawful hunt by yelling and honking her horn.

Did you talk to her?

Did you show her facts on how you were legally hunting?

Did you explain that it is illegal to interfere with a legal hunt?

If you are 100% you were in the right doing the above in a respectful manner could have educated this lady for future run ins with yourself or other hunters. If you do the above leave your gun in the truck and conduct yourself in a calm manner. Some are anti hunting no matter what others just don't know anything about hunting

If she cannot be reasoned with tell her if you two have an issue like this in the future you will contact a CO to explain the legality of interfering with a legal hunt

Now I was not there to see how and where this played out so won't judge if you were in the right or not. I do know there are areas locals have become very defensive when it comes to hunters. Unfortunately slobs shooting deer in driveways, private land without permission, and other unsafe actions have caused this mentality towards hunters

I have been eating lunch in town wearing camo and had residents go out of there way to tell me not to shoot cows, tell me to stay off private land, and lots of other random things no hunter should. After talking to them and making it clear I don't approve of these actions I got to hear lots of stories why they were frustrated with hunters.

Unfortunately the slobs and poachers have given hunters a bad name in some areas

I would have drilled the deer if I was alone.... ergo not had my kid...
    then been polite lol

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Why get into it with someone? That close to a road, would you want to drop a deer there? I doubt it helps the image of the hunter. It isn't always about being legal, sometimes respect comes into it. Some people are offended by killing. Just move off a little further into the bush and find another deer.
    This - but I would still get a picture and report so her confidence in interrupting hunters does not escalate.

would have killed it and asked her if she could help drag it out! just for the reaction...This is why I hunt away from people

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Yeah, its definitely "a thing".... Interfering with a legal hunt is an offence. She was most definitely attempting to interfere with his lawful hunt by yelling and honking her horn.
    It may be a keyboard thing but not in the real world

Care to point out any case histories, any attempts at pressing charges, any cases of guilty charges ?
    gov.bc.ca/quarterly-environmental-enforcement-summary
    Last edited by boxhitch; 10-31-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Dour View Post
    I got granola hit last hunt on a white tail doe!!! The doe had no fawns !! I was in a area where you can shoot everything was good to go I was walking the clearing all of a sudden a car shows up behind on the road. The lady starts yelling you can’t kill deer here but yes I can I know where I can and can’t I’m not a dick !!!! The doe didn’t take off until!!! She honked her horn!!!!!! I had time to shoot it but when she was yelling I didn’t . Should I have just shot the deer ???
    Take a pic of her license plate, she is not allowed to interfere with a legal hunt and report here. I probably wouldn't of squeezed the trigger but I guess it all depends on whether you are absolutely sure about where you are...I generally am not hunting where there are cars
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Why get into it with someone? That close to a road, would you want to drop a deer there? I doubt it helps the image of the hunter. It isn't always about being legal, sometimes respect comes into it. Some people are offended by killing. Just move off a little further into the bush and find another deer.
    That's not the point. It's 100 % illegal too harass hunters. Hunters are not bad people. And we have to stand up for ourselves. Even though time has passed, I would still report this incedent. Time date area. I wouldn't be surprised if this person doesn't have a history of harassment towards hunters.

Just one question Dour...Were you on the road or off the road ?...You have to be either on the other side of a fence or a certain amount of footage from the centerline of the road...If you were legal then she did interfere with your hunt..We in BC have enshrined in law the right to hunt and not be interefered with...Also as long as you're not within a 100 metres of a dwelling you're good to go...Also private property must be respected and permission given...Dennis

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2012/...lawful-hunters this is an Ontario case of interfering in a legal hunt but I could not spot anything in the wildlife act...
    http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/...8_01#section45