Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tag System what is stoping people from cheating

Re: New Tag System what is stoping people from cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Something for them to tweak moving forward with the new system...make you carry all purchased tags at all times, or register a punched tag online...it could be one or the other, so if you haven't registered the punched tag online then you are obligated to carry it on you.
    Registering punched tags online (with a lenient deadline, like compulsory reporting) would also serve to give a better survey (presumably at a smaller cost) of hunter harvest than their current random sampling.

I just had a co tell me that you have to carry all the tags you purchased with you at all times when out hunting regarless of weather they were cancelled or not.

Thumbs down Re: New Tag System what is stoping people from cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Swissrallyman View Post
    I just had a co tell me that you have to carry all the tags you purchased with you at all times when out hunting regarless of weather they were cancelled or not.
    He Lied. You do not.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Withthe old booklet, nothing prevented a poacher from buying 3 deer tags, filling them all, then saying that he lost his booklet and getting replacement tags. There is always a way to cheat a system.
    This is true and reality is there is always a way to cheat

Heard many tricks guys use over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Withthe old booklet, nothing prevented a poacher from buying 3 deer tags, filling them all, then saying that he lost his booklet and getting replacement tags. There is always a way to cheat a system.
    What he said.

It happened once in the past that I couldn't find my booklet anywhere. Drove all the way up to Squamish to replace them, only to step out of the Service Canada and receive a call from my better half that my daughter had seen them on the bed when I was packing up and "relieved" me of the booklet to play with it. Went back in to "return" tags and was told "Good luck, void them and keep as souvenir".
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    He Lied. You do not.

Cheers,
    Nog
    Some COs lack knowledge I imagine there are a few that are just winging it with how these new tags work

Quote Originally Posted by Swissrallyman View Post
    I hope not. I bought 2 deer tags and a bear tag eariler this year, to be prepared in advance. Went to go hunting the other day and can't find them!

I've got another deer tag on the way, hopefully the others will turn up.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Two WT doe is the limit for region 3, but for the other regions with an antlerless WT season, the bag limit is one..

Good point, I guess I should freshen up on the provincial regulations and not just zone 3 where I spend all my time. Cheers.

From Gov't web site.
    Species licences

• Each species licence now has a barcode that is linked to your Fish and Wildlife profile.
    • You must carry your species licence with you at all times while hunting.
    • Your FWID must appear on your species licence.
    • You must notch your species licence to cancel it as soon as you harvest an animal.
    • If you buy your species licence online, it will be mailed to you. You cannot buy a species licence online and pick it up in-person. If you want to hunt within a few days of buying your species licence, you should buy it at a vendor or at any Service BC or FrontCounter BC location.
    • Some species licences require a two-day waiting period before they can be used. The 48-hour waiting period begins at 12:01 am the day AFTER you buy your licence. For example, if you buy a licence at 10:00 am on November 1, the two-day waiting period ends at 12:01 am on November 4.

This is similar to the old licence, as species licence were alway with hunting licence booklet. I would suggest that both cancelled and uncancelled species license should be with you as long as there is a open season for the species you have a licence for.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    Why would you say that? Where does it say you need to carry all purchased tags on one self all of the time? Do you know this as fact or are you just guessing? Reason I ask is I asked many questions while buying tags not once was this brought to my attention
    It would be pretty lazy policing if they were going to check you out and didn't ask. They spend a lot more time thinking through how laws might be broken than we do and its their job to investigate. You can be sure that policy about the new changes and what to check have been in the training. The few times I've been checked its been 3 or 4 questions/requests to see stuff relating to different parts of the rules its very likely they'd ask to see all your tags that's all I'm saying. Of course they may not ask to see anything either they have a lot of leeway as has always been the case.

dabber- no shit eh? stiff little buggers and hard to cut with a dull knife. lol
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this