Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tag System what is stoping people from cheating

New Tag System what is stoping people from cheating

Hi Guy's

I am curious about the new tag system compared to old book of tags in regards to people cheating. For example

Guy goes and buys 2 white tail tags, Heads up to rock creek nails a female, cuts his tag drives home. Next day drives back up and shoots another doe on the other tag.

What stops this from happening?

The old book with numbered pages seem like it made this much more difficult.

I personally would never do the above but I bet it has crossed plenty of people's mind!!

Marty

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Tag System what is stoping people from cheating

Are you not allowed two WT doe? So in that situation nothing illegal? Pretty sure the system won't sell you more tags than you can legally shoot, but I've been wrong before ha ha.

Pretty sure they knocked whitetails back down to one doe.

With the bar code they bring up your file showing everything about you including how many WT tags you've bought this year or with the old book system they could flip through and see how many you have. I don't see any difference other than now with the bar code they have all your info and history instantly. Bottom line though if some one's going to poach they're going to poach no matter what the system is.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

COs have the digital scanning opportunities to verify what tags have been purchased yes, but how can they confirm which tags have been cancelled? The said tag might be at the residence accompanying the animal....

Yup, CO looks up your hunter number sees you have purchased 2 WT tags...asks to see them both. It wouldn't look too good if unable to produce both tags.

The big difference that I see is the tags are loose so much easier to lose one or two then you will need to go buy another one or two. It will be easier for some to have taken game on the tags they have lost and go buy a couple more under the excuse they lost them.

Withthe old booklet, nothing prevented a poacher from buying 3 deer tags, filling them all, then saying that he lost his booklet and getting replacement tags. There is always a way to cheat a system.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

What he is saying is you could cheat by shooting a doe cut tag leave said tag at home and go shoot a second doe and cut tag as dow while only having one tag in possetion . I see his point
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Or cancel a mule deer tag in a certain region, then go back the next weekend and take a 2nd mule buck in that same region without evidence of the first cut tag on them. Both trips home with the deer show a legal cancelled tag. Without a tag book or a requirement to be in possession of all cancelled tags it is difficult to combat this unethical behaviour.