Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Tag System what is stoping people from cheating

Re: New Tag System what is stoping people from cheating

I agree that the tags are silly. First thing.... after shooting a animal and being on the side of the mountain its crap to have to cut a small notch on the tag. its silly and a lot harder. THey should make punchers that make the job easier. I have had friends who have cut multiple regions or days because of the intricate cutting you need to do.

secondly. the whole tag system.... So if I am stopped and I scammed the system it would be easy to tell the C.O that I had both tags but one must of fell out when I cut the tag... Lets go back to the kill site to find the tag... ( obviously the other tag is at home or shredded.... ) we don't find the tag at the kill site.. now what. I think it should be a booklet as it was. but one page per species. Something gets put on the page and you have to punch out a hole . If you lose your hunting book its a expense fee to get it back...

To much BS is happening out there. its 2017 ..... we can make it harder to cheat.. just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    I agree that the tags are silly. First thing.... after shooting a animal and being on the side of the mountain its crap to have to cut a small notch on the tag. its silly and a lot harder. THey should make punchers that make the job easier. I have had friends who have cut multiple regions or days because of the intricate cutting you need to do.

secondly. the whole tag system.... So if I am stopped and I scammed the system it would be easy to tell the C.O that I had both tags but one must of fell out when I cut the tag... Lets go back to the kill site to find the tag... ( obviously the other tag is at home or shredded.... ) we don't find the tag at the kill site.. now what. I think it should be a booklet as it was. but one page per species. Something gets put on the page and you have to punch out a hole . If you lose your hunting book its a expense fee to get it back...

To much BS is happening out there. its 2017 ..... we can make it harder to cheat.. just my 2 cents
    I have a small gerber multi tool it's only about 1 1/2" long and has a tiny pair of scissors that work excellent for cutting our tags. Sort of like this >>> https://www.knifecenter.com/item/GB3...lti-Tool-Black

When i get a secend mule tag..after using first one..do i have to carry used one with me..while hunting?

[QUOTE=blackford;1949124]I agree that the tags are silly. First thing.... after shooting a animal and being on the side of the mountain its crap to have to cut a small notch on the tag. its silly and a lot harder. THey should make punchers that make the job easier. I have had friends who have cut multiple regions or days because of the intricate cutting you need to do.

whats intricate about cutting a small notch? It's no different than the booklet, set it on a log and use your knife, takes about 20 seconds, you want to have to buy a special government supplied hole punch? What's so import that you can't take less than a minute to cut 4 notches out? Lol

Nechako Outdoors has little wallets that fit the tags perfectly. I think they sell them for not much or give them away when you make a purchase from them. And of course a little ziploc works well. Keep all your tags handy.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    I'll be honest with government when the government is honest with me. Until then it's just a game we play.
    So you poach game then? Or are you off topic hard to tell.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Nechako Outdoors has little wallets that fit the tags perfectly. I think they sell them for not much or give them away when you make a purchase from them. And of course a little ziploc works well. Keep all your tags handy.
    Backcountry in FSJ gives them out with tags, along with the reminder that the CO's will be asking for PALs at the same time as tags with fines for failing to produce

Guys who have troubles with cutting a notch in the BC tags probably have trouble colouring inside the lines too )
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Just living in the grey area maybe )
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I wonder how many people they catch driving around with last years spike fork rack...or 4pt rack??

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    General cynicism and animosity.

Haven't poached any game yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..