Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Wolves...Region 8

Re: Wolves...Region 8

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    -Need to convince the majority of the vocal populace that ungulates rate higher on the desirable scale than predators, that predators are the devils workers
    -Achieved with a giant propaganda campaign, possible started in the grade schools like the antis- have done, and perpetuated through all sectors of society including Hollywood bobbleheads
    -Build it and they will come. Once everyone is convinced ungulates are needy, underprivileged, malnutritioned being forced out of their homes, the funds will pour in from donations legacies and foundations that arise.

no one said it would be easy )
    we used to....think lil red riding hood (remember how the hunter/woodsman saved her), the boy who cried wolf (a wolf was something to alert the whole town about), the three little pigs (wolves coming to kill even when you are in a house) etc...we had everyone before my generation hating and fearing wolves and you can be damn sure they all did their part to get rid of dangerous animals.....now we have dog food commercials showing dogs running with wolves telling us how close our pet dogs are to wolves...the pendulum has swung too far back towards the preds....
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 11-09-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    we used to....think lil red riding hood (remember how the hunter/woodsman saved her), the boy who cried wolf (a wolf was something to alert the whole town about), the three little pigs (wolves coming to kill even when you are in a house) etc...we had everyone before my generation hating and fearing wolves and you can be damn sure they all did their part to get rid of dangerous animals.....now we have dog food commercials showing dogs running with wolves telling us how close our pet dogs are to wolves...the pendulum has swung too far back towards the preds....
    Well said wideopen! Excellent analogy...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

So anyways, I got those wolves to come in right near...... on second thought, I think I'll keep that information for people who I actually know, and don't think I am some drama queen. Good luck. I hope you nail a few.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Where abouts?
    I'm very interested in shooting wolves in region 3.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    So anyways, I got those wolves to come in right near...... on second thought, I think I'll keep that information for people who I actually know, and don't think I am some drama queen. Good luck. I hope you nail a few.
    lol this entire post was made for nothing but drama, you've just perpetuated the stereotype yet again.
    Being you should be very conservation minded I'd suggest not posting the location of your wolf encounters would be counter productive to our common goal, helping ungulates.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    They sure were a hungry bunch. Without the knowledge of how to place and how to feed I feel that the outcome would have been different.
    Fast forward to now and many hunters place feed in areas and create traps for game without little knowledge of what damage that they have done.
    Four years back I was hunting Mule deer and came across a large dump of apples on a cliffy area at the end of the hunting season, in the spring when shed hunting I walked over more kills just above the bait than I have ever seen in 20 years of hunting there. I don't need to be a Bio to figure out what happen that winter. I guess what I am getting at is Predation also falls on us as Hunters, and putting the blame on Wolves and Cats is only a part of the factor.
    Cool thanks for sharing that!

I hunted hard up in those areas this season unsuccessfully and 1 of the reasons was the amount of wolf tracks i saw. Yes there were a fair amount of coyote tracks as well but the wolf population is exploding. Besides a hunt in 3-26 yesterday I have never seen so much wolf tracks. If i see one I'll fire away but only had 1 cross the road in front of my wife and I this year and there was no shot available (it was a BIG grey and tan colored wolf). I will be headed out often over the next few weeks to do some predator calling and hope to bag some of these beasts
    A day in the woods is better than any day in the city

Maybe more on the east side but let me tell ya there is NO SHORTAGE of them on the Westside, the last 3 years things are changing drastically over there (I hunt it religiously)and they are everywhere!
    A day in the woods is better than any day in the city

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    The reality.......
    As the resource shrinks the fighting will only increase.

Get behind a sustainable funding model that puts $$ back to the resource.
    The stakeholders will never stop fighting in the sandbox.
    Let them fight over a growing resource, not a shrinking one.

As this downward spiral of game populations continues there will be only one user group that takes more of the shrinking pie. Not wishing to be perceived as bashing but it is the simple reality.
    A great starting point, and one that I believe the BCWF has been pushing for for a long time, is to have a similar piece of legislation drafted to the US Pitman-Robertson Act, and stipulate that 1. All licensing revenues MUST be used for conservation, enforcement, habitat restoration & preservation and 2. To introduce a levy/tax/duty on hunting & fishing equipment which again MUST be spent on the above. I'd pay 10% more for everything if I knew it was all going to create opportunities.

We all need to put pressure on our representatives for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Sad, but very true.....
    Whats sad, getting on board with FN?

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Whats sad, getting on board with FN?
    No, sad that getting the FN's on board to put pressure on the government to deal with our wolf problem is really our only hope of getting government help, it seems..