Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thompson River Steelhead are done

Re: Thompson River Steelhead are done

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    Spent countless days fishing the Thompson and trying to be optomistic and hope these fish can survive with what seems like a bad deal.Someone has to stop the southern fishery when these fish are returning home.

Exactly BUT nobody really gives a Phuck ! I don't think the FNs do ! RJ

BC needs to start thinking about conserving fish&wildlife before issues like this happen. Prevention is often easier then fixing a problem

The giver till oh crap where did they go method is not working

We need more hunters/fisher people in Parliament.

Thoughts...
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

They sterilze wolves to protect the Caribou.
    Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper just to shoot the wolves?
    If a wolf is sterilized it can still kill caribou
    Last edited by 303savage; 10-31-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: incomplete

The reason for sterilization is because of Greenies in an uproar over the killing of wolves..The Farley Mowat syndrome....A friend of mine a trapper told me that after the newly sterilized wolves were released they would be killed by other pack members cause they no longer would be dominant..So maybe the program helped .....Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    The reason for sterilization is because of Greenies in an uproar over the killing of wolves..The Farley Mowat syndrome....A friend of mine a trapper told me that after the newly sterilized wolves were released they would be killed by other pack members cause they no longer would be dominant..So maybe the program helped .....Dennis
    Or DIDN'T ! RJ

Who is or would be your vote for a strong voice federal or provincially to help our resource of fish & Wildlife???I don'T SEE ANYONE stepping up to the plate?For Christsakes its getting worse not better.I know its complicated but F*** I'm ready to throw my name in the ring!!What do you guys want to happen!!

Just a couple of years ago a hunter from Langley said your could put in your order with the FN"s on how many Steelhead and springs you wanted. Infact it was less than a year ago that a FN was advertising on Kijiji with fish for sale. Stewards of the land you say.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

The change we want will come about when enough of us at the grass roots level put aside our own personal agendas and get involved with all user groups. To expect change from the top that is imposed and effective is unrealistic as those negatively affected will fight tooth and nail to prevent it and Governments change.I don't know if the stakeholder group that was been set under the Liberals with the promise of licence revenues is been supported by the NDP or not. If so it's a start and more funding models can be put forward to build on it. Look to the States for examples. Ultimately though, unless we sit down together and stay at the table and in so doing realize we may lose somethings that you or I perceive as deal breakers to us individually, or not get everything "we" want as hunters this fight will be lost. Sadly I'm not personally optimistic about the future of hunting in B.C. or the survival of threatened steelhead stocks.

I drove passed Spences Bridge last Saturday, on Oct. 28th and there were quite a few guys out fishing. It behove's me to wonder why an ethical fisherman would target these endangered steelhead stocks, come on just leave them alone, unless they were fishing for brood stock which I doubt because fly fishing isn't the best method to obtain brood stock, just my two cents.