Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Deer numbers?

Re: Deer numbers?

There was a road check done by the C.O.s on highway 6 at Cherryville last weekend. Does anybody have access to the stats, hunters checked and the number of deer?

i hunt lots in 4-09 and 8-14. lots of the areas i usually hunt have been logged heavily, full clearcuts. the numbers just aren't what they were prior to the logging. the area where i hunt elk had more wolf scat than elk droppings. we still found bulls. but they were all too small. i agree with the previous posts about changing conditions though, at least as far as sign is concerned. i have first hand experience in area's that are full of sign and the next year, nothing at all. i've had that experience with elk and deer.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    There was a road check done by the C.O.s on highway 6 at Cherryville last weekend. Does anybody have access to the stats, hunters checked and the number of deer?
    Cherryville.

Only one car checked. One of the guy's names was Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Its a cultural thing to the area ^... If you rearrange the letters in Edgewood you can spell good weed. Just sayin. ..
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

yup ^^^ weed and banjos..

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I've heard from a buddy's brother who has lived there that Cherryville during the doe season is quite the chite show...a lot of morons shooting on private property without permission, people shooting too close to residences etc.. I was glad to hear from them that this year the CO presence there increased..