Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer numbers?

Re: Deer numbers?

I only have one tag left for the November hunt.

Been pretty good for us this year, some days not much seen but other days were polluted with deer.

That's why it's hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

one whitey down from our elk trip, 2 tags left to fill, only really interested in finding a big mulie or a moose immy...the deer left one area I frequent early this year because of the wierd cold snap that brought a big dump of snow. Moving to lower elevations to find the deer personally.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I have only been out for a day trip and one 4 day trip. I have seen does every day I have been out. Only found a spike buck so far that we passed on. Not lots but at least 1-3 every outing morning and evening. Definitely more action from 4pm and on. This was in 8-5 both times. I'm just happy to see deer every time I have been out.

Many have forgotten how cold the temp and deep the snowpack was during winter (at least region last year. Imo this has had a significant effect on WT populations in the areas that I hunt. Or the city folk just shot them before I could get time off work

We also noted this years growing season was late (2 weeks), this may have also thrown off the natural cycle of wild game as well. WT Does here have just kicked off their fawns within the last 3 days, late according to our observations in this part of the region.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Thibk the deer remember the deep snow of last winter and are staying lower in preperation for it?

Well I had more luck today than most days seen the biggest Muley buck to date but he didn't feel like coming home in my warm car. Thinking tomorrow I'll go chase blacktails. Whats everyone's opinions on how hard it is to find a spike or two point.

I`m seeing way less than I`m used to. Hunting here for 18 years.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Interesting observation, it was a cold hard winter which is probably a good theory that the animals got hit pretty hard. There are far too many people saying the same thing does the govt keep anything somewhat accurate on deer numbers ? Also hunters can say they have 1 tag left ... as do I but I don't shoot WT does for the exact reason of it eventually having an impact on deer numbers, passed on a few small bucks.
    Last edited by Liveforthehunt; 10-31-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Still nothing for me and I've been putting in the most effort ever as well.
    I think its been a problem of location and timing this year

still got some time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveforthehunt View Post
    Interesting observation, it was a cold hard winter which is probably a good theory that the animals got hit pretty hard. There are far too many people saying the same thing does the govt keep anything somewhat accurate on deer numbers ? Also hunters can say they have 1 tag left ... as do I but I don't shoot WT does for the exact reason of it eventually having an impact on deer numbers, passed on a few small bucks.
    You can shoot 3 bucks......
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out