Thread: Westwold?

Westwold?

Does anyone have any insights into hunting the Monte Lake-Westwold-Falkland area please?

I love hunting in November, but with no cabin, camper or wall tent, sleeping in the back of my truck on those long November nights gets a bit much. I've got a place to stay in Westwold though, so I'd like to try that area.

Private messages are welcome of course.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Westwold?

Yes, go for it! You may need a bigger bike though, hills are steep.

xpeier

best hunting ive ever been in

Two words, PINAUS LAKE

Quote Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
    Two words, PINAUS LAKE
    Was just up at Pinaus lake lodge yesterday, it's been shut down by the ministry and hydro. Due to insufficiently built logging roads the land around the lake has started to slump and slide in places, don't be surprised to see some deactivated roads and access shut down in some areas. The lodge was letting people in for a one day salvage of materials an cabins etc, pretty grim.

Was told that on the power line cut on the other side of the lake hydro found the ground sunk far enough in some places that their towers were only supported by the wires and were literally hanging with nothing underneath to hold the tower base...

Quote Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
    Two words, PINAUS LAKE
    Biggest Doe (Mulie) I have ever seen by a long shot, that I have ever seen^^^
    (granted, a long, long time ago)
    Lots of deer around there....
    Lots of deer in the fields on the highway right around Falkland on a usual basis
    Good Luck!

Good access to a number of FSRs along Chase/Falkland road. Some private land north of Pillar Lake to get through for access to crown land so keep a map handy. I've hunted the area for a couple seasons with no success but the critters are there.

Take a little drive down Douglas Lake Ranch rd to Back Rd. If your there in the morning there will be 50 or 60 deer in the fields. The buck will be coming to get a piece of ass pretty quick. Onion Rd... Station Rd, Redrock Rd, Adelphi up by Pinause Lake next right just past Pinause turnoff. Get a white tail tag, going up Pinause Lake Rd I had a WT buck rip past us on our way down.