Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I was published in the Vancouver Sun

Re: I was published in the Vancouver Sun

"Grizzly bears are charismatic" Key point in any argument. Eco-weenies never advocate for ugly animals
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Well done sir! I like the last paragraph in your full enedited version. I look at meat a lot differently when I'm the one pulling the trigger and packing it out. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Well written! Well done!

Great job!!!
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Thanks for writing that.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Fantastic write up. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Unfortunately these day we hunters are paying the price for damage done by a small percentage of tasteless videos posted to youtube and facebook for the world to see. These idiots are not real hunters and unfortunately we all end up painted by the same brush. As the saying goes...a picture is worth a thousand words. Unfortunately it is a huge challenge to try to reverse opinions once formed based on tasteless videos. The more the hunting community can communicate all the other intrinsic benefits of hunting the more support we will get. While I personally enjoy hunting shows, videos, pose photos and such it is my opinion they have turned many against hunting. Before the internet and social media hunting was largely “out of sight and so out of mind” for non-hunters. Not so anymore. It is a huge challenge to try to combat negative perceptions formed from seeing tasteless video clips or just kill poses which make us look like we are just “trpohy” hunters.

Again to OP...great job trying to shed more light on the benefits of hunting.
    Last edited by northof49; 10-29-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Fantastic write up. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Unfortunately these day we hunters are paying the price for damage done by a small percentage of tasteless videos posted to youtube and facebook for the world to see. These idiots are not real hunters and unfortunately we all end up painted by the same brush. As the saying goes...a picture is worth a thousand words. Unfortunately it is a huge challenge to try to reverse opinions once formed based on tasteless videos. The more the hunting community can communicate all the other intrinsic benefits of hunting the more support we will get. While I personally enjoy hunting shows, videos, pose photos and such it is my opinion they have turned many against hunting. Before the internet and social media hunting was largely “out of sight and so out of mind” for non-hunters. Not so anymore. It is a huge challenge to try to combat negative perceptions formed from seeing tasteless video clips or just kill poses which make us look like we are just “trpohy” hunters.

Again to OP...great job trying to shed more light on the benefits of hunting.

Every forests carries deadwood. We have been for too long hiding from the controversy and conflict with various groups or general population, because -let's face it- it's just like raising a child, takes lots of patience to explain, and explain, and explain your point of view without the dialogue partners feeling like we're trying to impose our beliefs on them.

But, and that's a big one, once they learn the truth about why and the on going struggle and effort for improving and conserving habitat ...well, then the battle is won.

Muster patience, write emails and letters and do not shy away from uneasy conversations with people.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

First off, well done.
    I am curious.....when you meet with your MLA, what is your messaging so he knows exactly what his "take away" is?
    More than happy to help with that as I meet with my MLA and he is crystal clear with what I/we are asking for.

I would normally do this in the form of a PM but I think it would be good for others to see this.
    Again, good work.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Please expand on this, I plan on meeting with my MLA (now the minister of flnro) and would like to see where others are at. Reliable funding model for wildlife seems like top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    Please expand on this, I plan on meeting with my MLA (now the minister of flnro) and would like to see where others are at. Reliable funding model for wildlife seems like top priority.

It is a two prong approach.

1) Identify the issue.
    2) Platform the solution.
    You can add the lipstick far has how you pitch it.

The pitch on the issue.....

* BC is known worldwide for it's natural resources with wildlife being at or near the top of that list.
    * Despite our wildlife's iconic stature worldwide we simply take it for granted.
    * We make little investment in the resource as a result.
    * The resource is entering crisis mode with no plan and no funding.
    * The future of BC wildlife desperately needs a plan, the attention, and investment it deserves as our greatest resource.

The fix.....

Create a sustainable funding model where the sole beneficiary is wildlife.

How.....

*Take all license revenue and dedicate it back to the resource.
    *Impose a tax on all goods and services that are sold into the outdoor recreational market.
    *Insulate those revenues from Gov so the model can't get voted in or out.
    *Install a highly qualified third party group to approve projects and administrate SO ALL STAKEHOLDERS can submit wildlife enhancement projects for approval and funding.

The take away.....

You want your MLA to be clear on the message -
    We need to invest in wildlife, it is in dire need of attention, sustainable funding and a plan.

That's the simple bones of the deal.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea