Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Allergic to moose meat?

Re: Allergic to moose meat?

Had moose ribs last night and no break out. Seems to only get hives when we argue...
    maybe all just coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Quince View Post
    Had moose ribs last night and no break out. Seems to only get hives when we argue...
    Ah, the "husband allergy"... Thats a tough one to treat!

I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education
    The years you when to school have very little to do with how smart you are.
    I got through grade 7 and thought that was enough so I went work.

well one thing about eating wild, whether it's moose deer elk or bear, the fact is this meat has no growth hormones in it, no steroids, no antibiotics, no meat coloring, no meat preservatives, no meat tenderizing chemicals, what your eating when you eat wild is meat, the way it was eaten for thousands of years by us humans.........but as your gut is so atuned to eating meat full of antibiotics, the bugs that live in your gut don't know what to do when a real piece of meat is dropped into it. so all the good bugs that live in your gut and have been on vacation their entire life now have to stand up and fight off the natural bugs that live in wild real meat, and a few cramps are normal until your stomach gets its bug house in order.
    try not eating any meat for a month, Purge yourself off all the chemicals in store bought meat, then slowly introduce wild meat 1-2 times per week and give your guts the time to learn how to work again.

^^^
    "Natural" or not, there will be a specific arrangement of atoms in question here. Doesn't matter how it's formed, it just needs to be identified and separated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    My wife Susan has a allergy to deer ..but not the meat ..just petting deer..it's the dander..same with horses..put her in hospital first time petting a deer.now I don't ask her for help on deer till after the hide is bagged, deer hair is washed off the deer ..and she uses rubber surgical gloves latex with no powder.
    She can consume deer meat no issues.
    Srupp
    I have/had a dander allergy. Sucked for gutting and skinning game. I would get hives. I got desensitizing shots for the different pet danders and it seems to have helped a bit but I just automatically take an antihistamine and put on gloves before I touch any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Quince View Post
    stress does cause hives too

I had a coworker who would break out during busy deadlines lol
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster