Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Equal rights for all.

Re: Equal rights for all.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    I know a great deal about the factual activities of aboriginals " a couple of hundreds of years ago" as my direct ancestors were here and dealt with these people. So, I suggest that you cease with your crap about your "culture" as there were scores of "cultures" in North-South America, at the time of the initial Norse, settlements and most came eagerly to get whatever technological devices they could from the Europeans.

You will NEVER convince most Canadians, that you and your ilk have any REAL "rights" superior to those we loyal Canucks possess and this entire situation is merely a setup by the wealthy and powerful of several ethnic groups to con you into supporting pipelines, etc. It is actually we who advocate for and support equality for all who are your real allies, but, you need to drop your self-pity and delusional attitudes and work as equals with we of other ancestries.

You seem an intelligent chap and I am surprised and saddened that you cannot seem to understand this simple aspect of contemporary reality. Really, do you actually think that some 5% of Canada's total population will continue to direct what the majority will do??????

Geezuz wept, no bloody wonder.......
    It's no wonder the general population has such little respect for the hunting community. We have ambassadors with such a skewed sense of reality that they make Donald Trump look like the goddamn Dalai Lama.

This probably isn't worth burning the 2 calories it takes to type this, but call this my pity-induced philanthropy for the day: That 5% doesn't direct the rest of the population. Both are directed by the supreme law: the Canadian Constitution. By 1982 standards, the Constitution Act was reasonably progressive, is it entrenched what the United Nations would adopt by resolution 25 years later, which is a recognition (and protection) of the rights of indigenous cultures. One of those rights is the ability to hunt. So no, I can't just show up in a country and tell the indigenous folks there I'm now going to occupy lands they had previously been occupying and that they can't feed themselves off that land anymore. They must be able to gather food in and engage in traditional ceremonial activities. This is bigger than going to your MLA.

I wholly agree the current system does a sh!t job of demanding stewardship from aboriginals, and that First Nations want to govern their activities but most have neither the physical nor technological capacity to undertake adequate resource (wildlife) management, but those are separate discussions. This discussion is that aboriginals have a constitutionally protected right to hunt and honky hunters hate the fact we don't have it too. But we don't. Get used to it. It has nothing to do with aboriginals comprising 5% of our population directing the rest. It has to do with our ancestors taking up residence in a largely inhabited land and their governments neither conquering nor ratifying agreements (treaties) with the indigenous peoples of the lands. Now that justice is catching up with us and saying, "hang on, before all of us VISITORS can have access to the resources, the original inhabitants have to be able to feed themselves the way they always have",we think it's a bum deal.

It is completely moot that your forefathers fought in the war because they were fighting for the Commonwealth, not for the sovereign state of Canada which had legally or forcibly extinguished all aboriginal rights at the time.

Rather than trying to revert ourselves back to primitive times and ideologies, why don't "you and your ilk" put your efforts toward something productive like figuring out how we can reliably track FN fish and big game harvests, and improve wildlife management and habitat stewardship so that there will be enough to provide hunting opportunities for us and them? Because as soon as there are not enough, they get first crack and we get to sit around and bitch. Fuxake people. If you're going to call your MLA, do it and demand that we resource better wildlife management, inclusive of the provision of sustenance opportunities for both FNs and non FNs, not for the impossible request to relinquish aboriginal rights.
    Last edited by Looking_4_Jerky; 10-29-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Your guttersnipe rant is ludicrous as we whose ancestors founded and built Canada, did NOT merely "show up" here and Canada, is OURS. The UN is a vile, corrupt organization and most of it's members are totalitarian states where the sniveling aboriginals here would have been exterminated long ago.

I was active in conservation from 1961 to very recently and you impress me as a "Dipper" type SJW who takes and takes and has never done squat to benefit anyone except himself. So, go play "dressup" in your rags and feathers.

I see you "work for the province" in one of your previous posts and you edited out your comment in this post about "honky hunters".........bit "racist", eh? Next time, I will have your racism made apparent to your supervisor and perhaps you might watch your ignorant mouth about the "Dalai Lama" as he does not deserve your slur.....
    Last edited by BgBlkDg; 10-29-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking_4_Jerky View Post
    ...justice is catching up with us and saying, "hang on, before all of us VISITORS can have access to the resources, the original inhabitants have to be able to feed themselves the way they always have",we think it's a bum deal...
    ...It is completely moot that your forefathers fought in the war because they were fighting for the Commonwealth, not for the sovereign state of Canada...
    ...why don't "you and your ilk" put your efforts toward something productive like figuring out how we can reliably track FN fish and big game harvests,... [/end B.S.]
    You almost got me banned with that crap you spewed all over my screen! I'm glad I took a minute to calm down before posting.

BgBlkDg, it is obvious that you and I are not of the same "ilk", so I was never expecting to win you over, nor do I give a rat's ass about doing it now. What I'd like to leave for your (and others of your "ilk") contemplation, is that the original post said "should I start a petition?", and by the time it had reached your second to last post it had turned into 101 irrelevant and nonsensical reasons non-aboriginals deserve aboriginal rights, which speaking of ludicrous, seems to fit the shoe.

I will note though, that my impression is that you and I do share some common ground: The UN being corrupt... totally. I'm not saying the UN or any of its member states are model citizens, just that unless we want to withdraw from the UN, we must be governed in accordance with them, acknowledging indigenous rights. This isn't something that Pierre Elliott Trudeau made up in 1982. This is a concept acknowledged globally and we who are largely regarded as one of the world's progressive nations (and consequently a great place to live) would be regressing our social evolution and global status by disregarding it.

I think we also share that we are both displeased with the status quo in how it relates to wildlife management. I'm just focusing on the fact we need to find a viable solution and you're focused on erasing aboriginal rights, which will likely do little to benefit our hunting opportunities.

As for your efforts toward conservation, thank you. Hopefully you accomplished more than trying to convince your cohorts that we should take a step back in time. Or did you gain credibility by telling on your peers when your heard them say something you didn't like? For the record, I didn't edit my use of the term "honky". It's still there. I guess if a white guy calling himself a white guy is racist, then guilty as charged. If you can find out who I am, you can point out my admission to my supervisor, right before they realize you're the fossil nutbar you are and hang up on you.
    Last edited by Looking_4_Jerky; 10-29-2017 at 10:31 AM.

BgblkDOG/Devilbear is a crazy old racist.
    I find it hilarious that he is calling people racist in this thread.

His name is Dewey Riesterer, Google his name and you will find pages of his racist hate filled comments on all sorts of articles.
    He seems to really dislike Asian people, or "chinamen" as he likes to call them.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    BgblkDOG/Devilbear is a crazy old racist.
    I find it hilarious that he is calling people racist in this thread.

His name is Dewey Riesterer, Google his name and you will find pages of his racist hate filled comments on all sorts of articles.
    He seems to really dislike Asian people, or "chinamen" as he likes to call them.
    Actually his real name is Julius Riesterer and he has been banned at one time or another from most forums he has been a member of.

WOW ! this is gonna get LOCKED up soon ! lol RJ

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    So do your strict rules say you should set a gill net in the Skeena River and kill and discard 400 pink salmon to catch the tail end of the sockeye run? Or shoot 40-50 moose and sell the map to their location for $100 to some guy in the bar?
    Don`t bullshit me with" Traditional Practices"
    So by your statement I guess you are generalizing that ALL people of FN origin are doing this practice? Did you not know that our beloved government spent generations trying to make us lose/forget our values and beliefs that we are trying to get back. Those people you speak of above have lost their traditional beliefs. How can you not see that? If they knew their traditions they definitely would not be doing what they are doing as it is the opposite of what we believe in.
    I guess by your thought process is that most mass murderers are Caucasian so I should believe you are all like that? That is absurd and I hope it shows you how absurd your statement is with that train of thought.

The buffalo are gone ...... get over it.

At what point in time do we collectively strive for equality ?
    The province is being divided by race.
    Look around the world and see how well that works.

I have not read the thread only the title but on the topic it seems to me that solving past racial treatment which was wrong with solutions that are racist will never ever solve the issues with race we have in this country. Never.