Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Equal rights for all.

Re: Equal rights for all.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    Let's talk another angle, how their fellow chiefs monopilouse the money and starve their own yet ask for more each budget?
    Does any politition have your best interest in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by RadHimself View Post
    “Traditional hunting rights”

Your telling me MY ancestors didnt hunt to survive back then?
    There wasnt any walmarts, safeways or mcdonalds....

So how the hell did they do it? Osmosis?

How the hell do i not have those same rights?

I GREW UP HERE
    WERE ALL ALIVE AT THE SAME TIME
    HOW IS IT ANY DIFFERENT
    Funny you ask what is different? “Traditional hunting rights” is the practice of hunting not only for food but also to utilize in ceremony practices. Many of you have no understanding of that so I see this a lot. There are many ceremonies which require "traditional food". This includes wild game meat and fish as well as berries and such. Its not the "as you seen on TV" the practice of walking around in our buckskin clothes and hunting with a bow and arrow. There is a process from the time you take the animals life until it is put on a table for use, which incorporates the "traditional" part. HOW you take the animal(bow,gun,axe,stick) is not as important as the rest of the process.
    These ceremonies are still practiced today and we have strict rules on how these ceremonies are carried out and wild game meat is an integral part of it. Walmart and McDonalds are just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by edgar11 View Post
    Quadrakid is actually right. My Grandfather fought in WW2 and he said when he came home there was no hero's welcome for him or any of the other FN Soldiers he travelled with. He said he watched all of them get off the train they were travelling on and there was no one there to welcome them home. He actually lost his land on the reserve because he had volunteered to join the army.
    My Dad and Father-In-Law, both WW2 Vets who ended up living in the same Veteran's Housing Project said the same about the reception that their fellow vets who happened to be FN's received. Both were non FN's although Father In Law has some FN / Metis ancestry.
    My Sister is a retired TA at a Fraser Valley School with a large FN population, at last year's Remembrance Day Ceremonies an FN Veteran spoke about the treatment the returning FN Vets received. The whole topic of "rights" and such is something that obviously has two or three sides to it but the handling of Vets, regardless of their ethnicity should never have been subject to such abject racism.

Quote Originally Posted by edgar11 View Post
    Quadrakid is actually right. My Grandfather fought in WW2 and he said when he came home there was no hero's welcome for him or any of the other FN Soldiers he travelled with. He said he watched all of them get off the train they were travelling on and there was no one there to welcome them home. He actually lost his land on the reserve because he had volunteered to join the army.
    My maternal GF, was in the USA, came home to Ontario, volunteered, kept in Canada as an officer to train others on machine guns, voluntarily resigned his commission to go overseas and was wounded at Courcelette. He then insisted on returning to combat, giving up a promotion and ignoring his MID and was severely wounded at Passchendaele, Nov. 10, 1917. He died from those wounds as he had just one lung and a huge hole in one leg, but, worked all his life and NEVER received a pension.

My father was too old to volunteer, as he was past 35 in 1939, waited until "called up" then when told he should-could stay in Canada, as a tradesman, he volunteered for "Active Overseas Service", had to close his small business and lost it. I asked him WHY he did this not long before he died at 93 and all he ever would say, "I thought it was my duty" and that was that.

I could go on with accounts of the wounds, KIA and other misadventures of my close relatives in WWI and WWII and how my GF, in particular, fought all of his life to his death at 53 for benefits for ALL Canadian veterans. NO man in my family EVER complained, whimpered or sniveled and several worked at hard physical jobs with the effects of serious wounds.......and so did 1000s ands 1000s 0f other Canucks.

There were no celebrations when many of them came home and getting veteran's benefits was a battle after WWII and such did not exist after WWI. Research "Whiz-Bang Corner" during and after WWI as well as "Ballantyne Pier" at that time and then tell me how well "white" veterans were treated.

"Quadrakid" is NOT "right" and, generally speaking, aboriginals in Canada, have been treated FAR better by us than they ever treated each other or still do.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post

I'm not going to get into this pissing match. If you would like to call me a liar or question some of my family member's contributions to Canada's military and attempt to belittle it, go ahead. I will not do the same to you or your family.

See some of my answers to Lassassino's post.

I did not call you anything, or, "belittle" anyone, you are trying to change what I posted.

I asked you a specific question and you choose to avoid it, fine, do as you see fit.

So, edgar your telling me my ancestors didnt do much the same?

maybe not a full community celebrating, but families have been coming together and feasting/celebrating since the dawn of time.... its all the same, dont try and call it anything else

tradition is tradition... regardless thats what you dont understand....

equality is just that equality, im glad you said nothing about the practices used... you know damn well the tactics used are questionable (oh thats not important)... Only when it suits your cause and arguements

like every other organization
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

How about this for an idea...Anyone who feels responsible for the injustices done to FNs in the past (before they were born) can feel free to gather up themselves and their families and return to the countries of their origin thereby demonstrating the only truly sincere way of repent. The rest of us can stay and work things out.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by RadHimself View Post
    So, edgar your telling me my ancestors didnt do much the same?

maybe not a full community celebrating, but families have been coming together and feasting/celebrating since the dawn of time.... its all the same, dont try and call it anything else

tradition is tradition... regardless thats what you dont understand....

equality is just that equality, im glad you said nothing about the practices used... you know damn well the tactics used are questionable (oh thats not important)... Only when it suits your cause and arguements

like every other organization
    I am saying you have no idea what you are talking about and I see it is pointless to try and have a civil conversation with you. Its all good though because our culture ,spirituality and way of life is still intact even after all that has transpired. Have a good day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    My maternal GF, was in the USA, came home to Ontario, volunteered, kept in Canada as an officer to train others on machine guns, voluntarily resigned his commission to go overseas and was wounded at Courcelette. He then insisted on returning to combat, giving up a promotion and ignoring his MID and was severely wounded at Passchendaele, Nov. 10, 1917. He died from those wounds as he had just one lung and a huge hole in one leg, but, worked all his life and NEVER received a pension.

My father was too old to volunteer, as he was past 35 in 1939, waited until "called up" then when told he should-could stay in Canada, as a tradesman, he volunteered for "Active Overseas Service", had to close his small business and lost it. I asked him WHY he did this not long before he died at 93 and all he ever would say, "I thought it was my duty" and that was that.

I could go on with accounts of the wounds, KIA and other misadventures of my close relatives in WWI and WWII and how my GF, in particular, fought all of his life to his death at 53 for benefits for ALL Canadian veterans. NO man in my family EVER complained, whimpered or sniveled and several worked at hard physical jobs with the effects of serious wounds.......and so did 1000s ands 1000s 0f other Canucks.

There were no celebrations when many of them came home and getting veteran's benefits was a battle after WWII and such did not exist after WWI. Research "Whiz-Bang Corner" during and after WWI as well as "Ballantyne Pier" at that time and then tell me how well "white" veterans were treated.

"Quadrakid" is NOT "right" and, generally speaking, aboriginals in Canada, have been treated FAR better by us than they ever treated each other or still do.

Haha have a gander at these videos Dog and you tell me how good they were treated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqnzcQNu-gM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NIVMaktlx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N5AMcPnw9c

"Dog"???

You may notice that I avoid calling others names but, maybe I should?

In any event, the FACTS of mid-20thC. aboriginal slavery are well known as your own Bill Wilson, a real "racist" as other aboriginals have stated publicly as are the FACTS concerning the Kwakiutl cannibalism of the 19thC.

So, I think this speaks for itself and such behaviour is hardly a culture to be promoted, admired or preserved.