Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Equal rights for all.

Re: Equal rights for all.

Count me in
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Post numbers 10, 12, 14 are correct. This is all a big deal to us hunters but getting the political and social will of the Canadian population is another story. The time and resources that would be required to be spent amending the Constitution would come at the cost of not wrestling more contemporary issues and would detract financial Resources from competing interests like education, medical system, Etc. I'm not holding my breath. Nice thought though. Many many people share your frustration but your efforts will amount to nothing so I wouldn't give up time eating dessert with the wife in order to do this if I were you.

we should all have equal rights I fully agree. Where do I sign?

Where do I sign.
    Tight groups Safe hunts

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Good on ya, the conservation reasons you mentioned are on the right track, and especially the shooting at night thing, I've thought that that is a safety issue from the day the Supreme Court of Canada went against common sense and has legally allowed them to do so..I will add more as I think of it..
    X2! It's about time that all Canadians are treated equal and subject to the same laws. The current preferential treatment will lead to revolt. Thanks
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Petitioning isn't enough; it'll take protesting, non-compliance, legal challenges, and social pressure.

Observe how cannabis and homosexuality have come so far to see what it takes.

You are right. We need stoned and gay Indians on our side!

Quote Originally Posted by steve-r View Post
    Facebook group already started here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1988155428119402/
    I think the awareness could be increased by not targeting hunters only. Isn't hunting just a portion of access to public resources including wildlife, fish and land? This FB Group could be named: Equal Rights For Canadian Outdoor Enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by BCJaeger View Post
    I think the awareness could be increased by not targeting hunters only. Isn't hunting just a portion of access to public resources including wildlife, fish and land? This FB Group could be named: Equal Rights For Canadian Outdoor Enthusiasts
    Bingo fisherman and all concerned outdoor enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    On the news tonight there was a story on the population dynamics of Canada in recent years. Leading increase was due to immigration but also First Nations were increasing at a pretty high rate. Now, I support their rights to hunt in the broader sense but with decreasing wildlife trends in conjunction with increasing FN populations, I think now is the time for the bands to at least know their harvest and control and manage their harvest where needed.

SSS
    This is about the most accurate post here so far. The populace doesn't give a shyte about anyones hunting opportunities, face it, many people, maybe most dont like hunting to begin with and they think only the indians should be hunting to begin with.
    I'm not so sure creating an awareness campain is the way to go. Making more game is, by enhancing habitat, blah, etc.

Before Canada gives the country away to foreigners they will square up with the indians.

Blunt, true and so very sad, but, probably an accurate depiction of the near future.........