Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Equal rights for all.

Re: Equal rights for all.

Many who were part of residential schools are still alive as well as their family members. They still have many wounds that need healing and add all the other terrible things that were done to them throughout history gives the rest of us a responsibility to make things right.

Numbers from last year showed that federal male inmates were about 25% aboriginal while they make up less than 5% of Canada's population. Looking at those numbers alone shows we are failing as Canadians to make things right. To say "screw you guys, that stuff happened long ago and it wasn't me" ignores our responsibilities as Canadians to make sure we are all taken care of. We need to do the right thing.

That being said, we have all seen how some (definitely not all) have taken advantage of the system that is currently in place for their own personal gain at the suffering of others. I think it would be hard to argue our current way is not working as good as it should be.

As far as matters of conservation go I have a very hard time accepting some current things like banning ATV use in certain areas for hunting in the name of conservation but allowing aboriginals to continue to use them. If we are so concerned about conservation there should be no exceptions. Our actions should be be the same.

The FACTS were and are that the various aboriginal groups enacted "terrible things" to each other and it was and is WHITE men who have stopped this and shared our vastly superior technology-civilization with them.

"Residential schools", while SOME abuses did take place and that is tragic, much the same happened in both public and religious schools during the same era. I KNOW, I was there and suffered very much the same abuses as some aboriginal kids did.

MANY aboriginals have told me over the years since the mid-'60s, of how "Res. School" helped them and improved their lives when they were kids.

While I am at it, WHO are YOU to tell me or any Canadian that "we need to do THE RIGHT THING", my family volunteered, bled and DIED in both wars to keep Canada, free and I get real f**king tired of NDP-SJWs lecturing me or any other decent Canuck.We offer these people far more than the average, working-class Canuck ever gets and their problems are NOT our fault!
    Last edited by BgBlkDg; 10-27-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    A blockade, a decent non-aboriginal citizen objects, tempers flare and the area thunders with gunfire.......it very well may happen and set off a series of such violent clashes. The governments will then either protect the majority or be voted into obscurity at the next election(s) and the perpetrators will suffer, perhaps far more so than we now realize.......

NOT, a situation which anyone wants, but, in the Slocan, I WILL NEVER submit to American-born anyone and I am not alone in this. Soooo, I think that assimilation is both equitable and necessary for a genuinely "just society" to evolve.

Who knows,maybe "Divine Providence" will solve this for all concerned.............

You are insane.
    You've been alluding to something like this for a long time and have said some really alarming things.
    You should be stripped of all firearms and weapons.

Oh, how very interesting.

Its 2017 and people are still getting abused....

suckit donny

People are animals, we do messed up stuff to eachother. Like lead decades long war campaigns based on a book some dude wrote and a dead guy nailed to a cross, that wasnt really dead but resurected to save all our souls... so they decided to kill more people and anyone who didnt like that way of thinking cause their book was the better version.... AND WE ARE STILL DOING IT!!!!

and yet were all as3hole3 because WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING

1 set of rules
    more and better habitat/conservation
    i dont give a shit who you are, traditional hunting should be just that... Traditional

why the hell are the white boys the only ones hiking 6 miles back, putting an arrow in an animal and packing it out?

Our cousins down the road roll through, like its an outdoor drive through walmart frozen food section... and if its not in the head, in the ditch... well boys, shes in the a3s, dead and rotting in a cutblock so whitey cant have it either...

you know what?

u want traditional... cut off the power, cut off the gas, rip up the pavement and give traditional....

some scumbag lawyer made alot of money reprisenting them, just like every other critical decision made in this country... there was no voice of reason, no for thought, nobody holding people accountable... and now, were ****ed... Bought and sold, and its too late to do shit all about it
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

I think that native rights are OK as long as they use the technology they used before we came here.
    White man's technology, white man's laws.

“Traditional hunting rights”

Your telling me MY ancestors didnt hunt to survive back then?
    There wasnt any walmarts, safeways or mcdonalds....

So how the hell did they do it? Osmosis?

How the hell do i not have those same rights?

I GREW UP HERE
    WERE ALL ALIVE AT THE SAME TIME
    HOW IS IT ANY DIFFERENT
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

I am neither NDP or a social justice warrior and my family has done the same thing in the same wars. That is who I am and why I have the right to give you my opinion. It's hard to have meaningful conversation when emotions run so high. I'm quite sure I also voiced my concerns for they way things currently are and that we do need a change.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    The FACTS were and are that the various aboriginal groups enacted "terrible things" to each other and it was and is WHITE men who have stopped this and shared our vastly superior technology-civilization with them.

"Residential schools", while SOME abuses did take place and that is tragic, much the same happened in both public and religious schools during the same era. I KNOW, I was there and suffered very much the same abuses as some aboriginal kids did.

MANY aboriginals have told me over the years since the mid-'60s, of how "Res. School" helped them and improved their lives when they were kids.

While I am at it, WHO are YOU to tell me or any Canadian that "we need to do THE RIGHT THING", my family volunteered, bled and DIED in both wars to keep Canada, free and I get real f**king tired of NDP-SJWs lecturing me or any other decent Canuck.We offer these people far more than the average, working-class Canuck ever gets and their problems are NOT our fault!

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Many who were part of residential schools are still alive as well as their family members. They still have many wounds that need healing and add all the other terrible things that were done to them throughout history gives the rest of us a responsibility to make things right.

Numbers from last year showed that federal male inmates were about 25% aboriginal while they make up less than 5% of Canada's population. Looking at those numbers alone shows we are failing as Canadians to make things right. To say "screw you guys, that stuff happened long ago and it wasn't me" ignores our responsibilities as Canadians to make sure we are all taken care of. We need to do the right thing.

That being said, we have all seen how some (definitely not all) have taken advantage of the system that is currently in place for their own personal gain at the suffering of others. I think it would be hard to argue our current way is not working as good as it should be.

As far as matters of conservation go I have a very hard time accepting some current things like banning ATV use in certain areas for hunting in the name of conservation but allowing aboriginals to continue to use them. If we are so concerned about conservation there should be no exceptions. Our actions should be be the same.
    Just because of the fact they have higher inmate percentages and may have been wronged by residential schools does not mean that this is being fixed or even remotely improved by allowing them to do whatever they want in terms of hunting devoid of any rules. These are completely separate so why would you lump them together? Secondly FN groups are known for scalping, enslaving, raping and murdering women and children as well as wiping out entire tribes. if we as Canadians meaning (Chinese, East Indians, Africans candians ect ect who have had nothing to do with FN at all) as a whole have to some how make up for them losing a cultural and physical war is almost beyond comprehension.

Your premise that they need to be compensated because they have been wronged in the passed yet ignoring completely any wrong doing they may have done is hypocritical. How does this make any sense? What has been done is done, one nation one people one set of laws end of story.

Thirdly how long then is the magical number for them to finally "heal" 50 years? 500 years? 5000 years? the answer is never. Until we are treated exactly the same with the exact same set of rules starting now it will always and forever be used as leverage from FN and will face resentment by the rest of the Canadian population until infinite. Stop the guilt and start helping to work towards absolute equality under the law.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I am neither NDP or a social justice warrior and my family has done the same thing in the same wars. That is who I am and why I have the right to give you my opinion. It's hard to have meaningful conversation when emotions run so high. I'm quite sure I also voiced my concerns for they way things currently are and that we do need a change.

The point is that you abrogate to yourself some imaginary "right" to decide what all we other Canucks "must" do and that is both offensive and unacceptable to me and probably many others.

So, given that is the 100th anniversary of probably the most horrific battle Canadians, ever fought, The Third Battle of Ypres, known with horror as "Passchendaele", could you tell me what specific C.E.F. battalion(s) your ancestors served in "over there"?

I think that your comments concerning our supposed duties to the aboriginal minority are simply ludicrous, but, I do agree with your right to speak, but, not to the hectoring, self-righteous tone or content.

So?