Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2-8 BT rut

Re: 2-8 BT rut

have to find my rain gear havent used it since i moved lol

Heading out early tomorrow,snow and rain mixed in town here but just took a drive up to mill lake with my granddaughter and the snow was coming down heavy this will get the bucks moveing down to lower elevations
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

good luck takla bring stevo he has the day off....you too rayne..

I tried lighting a fire under stevo's asz a couple weeks back and havent heard anything from him,youd think some of our past success would get him motivated....I know he does love eating blacktail steaks..couple fresh inchs of snow out there this morning they shouldnt be to hard to find..
    Last edited by Takla; 11-03-2017 at 05:50 AM.
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

i sent him a pic of a nice blacktail..get him going

hope you guys had a good day..just heard another rutting blacktail fell.

It seems a little earlier this year, hunting partner and I dropped a 2 bucks 2 weeks ago with doe’s that were getting a little rut dumb. Also in 2-8.

I couldn't even find tracks today but everyone's success just makes me more eager to get out there again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll see some deer

Good luck Takla!

I'm headed up to 3-16 in the morning. I know I'll bag some firewood at the very least but hoping to get in on this rutting activity. I've seen plenty of does in the past month but the bucks have been nowhere to be seen. Hopefully the snow, the cold and the smell of estrous is bringing them down now.

Straight shooting!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I couldn't even find tracks today but everyone's success just makes me more eager to get out there again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll see some deer
    Well we did a bit better then that ..lol..we did find A fresh lone buck track in the snow but nothing in them and it was in thick shit ..think jungle,same area we smelled the rutting buck the other day !Checked lots of the usual spots,drive /hike and repeat,zero rubs,found ourselves at the 800 ft level hikeing in 8 inchs of fresh snow that dumped the night before.Heading back into the jungle this morning lots of small alders down leaning from the weight of the snow makes access brutal but hey its BT hunting..lol good luck all.
    Last edited by Takla; 11-04-2017 at 05:17 AM.