Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many pins in your hunting bow sight?

Re: How many pins in your hunting bow sight?

Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Single pin slider for me. Leave it at 30 yards for hunting. I have my sight tape set from 20 - 70 yards.

5 pins on my rig. 20-60. I shoot 60 yards on targets lots, It makes the 40 and 50 yards a lot easier to shoot. Furthest shot I've had to make hunting, has been 30 yards.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I have a 7 pin, I shoot to 80 yards on targets just for fun. A 4 pin would be plenty for my hunting style.
    Most my shots have been under 20 yards. Some mere feet.

Practice shooting ultra close, it's almost as hard as shooting 60 yards!
    Years ago I witnessed a 3-d deer target on its side at a distance of 2 yds with a dime size "10" and nickel size "8" destroy sighted bow archers. Try that now , the results would be impressive .
    KBC , I can`t overstate the importance of getting on the 3-d circuit . The Clubs experienced archers set up many actual hunting scenes that you may encounter and how to understand and use those pins .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Thanks, After a bit more practice (and getting a rangefinder) I plan on doing the 3D course in Mission a fair amount.

Hey KBC , good move on the rangefinder . It` your new best friend .
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Years ago I witnessed a 3-d deer target on its side at a distance of 2 yds with a dime size "10" and nickel size "8" destroy sighted bow archers. Try that now , the results would be impressive .
    KBC , I can`t overstate the importance of getting on the 3-d circuit . The Clubs experienced archers set up many actual hunting scenes that you may encounter and how to understand and use those pins .
    Set my sight for 81 yards and pound that X ring all day long
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Right now my sight has 5 pins, 30-70 yards because at 20 yards I'm only 3" high, but I am now leaning towards a single pin with the 2 dots, most bows will be set at 20 yards for the top dot, and the second dot will be around 35 ish yards. I noticed I have a hard time focusing on my one pin when I have 4 others crowding it.

I run 5 pin 20-60yrds but would prefer just 4 pins. My sight can move the whole gang also so I use the 60yrd pin to shoot out to 100yrds for practice. Although my groups are huge at 100 I find the 30, 40 yard shots are easier because of it. My personal limit currently is 30 for deer and 40 for moose. Don't crank your bow up to many lbs, I can shoot 65lbs all day but at 70lbs I get to tired at 3d shoots and make turd shots at the end. Also the cold makes it feel a lot stiffer.

4 pins . 20,30,40,50 . I also ordered it with smaller fibre diameter on the 40, 50 pins so they don't blot out as much of the target/vitals
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."