Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Raw Food Diet

Re: Raw Food Diet

I feel ya on the travel woes. I have not found that dehydrated raw that digests as well as a frozen/fresh raw food, based purely on stool output, though it is definitely more convenient. When we travel to most places we've been able to just raid the grocery store to keep from having to store a bunch on hand, but not all destinations support that option. An anectodal perk to feed raw food is that a dog's digestive system is better able to handle change so having to do a brand swap or switch to dehydrated cold turkey does not present the same issues it did when we were feeding strictly kibble.
    ~Erin Lynes & the Eromit Labs

Re: Raw Food Diet

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    So the rest is carbohydrates,,,,78% seems like a lot of carbs. Quite a bit more than kibble.
    No. The rest is not carbs. There are no carbs in meat. Nor is there any carbs in the raw I feed.

Look at this link. Chicken ranges in the amount of protein in it. its not 100% protein

http://www.nationalchickencouncil.or...ue-of-chicken/

Some kibble gets there protein content from plant material. Peas, corn, rice, soy beans... all have protein in them. Some, if not all, of these vegetables and grains are in kibble. Some kibble is being marketed now showing what percentage of protein is coming from plant matter and grains versus meat cause a LOT of the protein is coming from plants and grains NOT meat

In looking at the bag of kibble I am mixing with raw at the moment for my pregnant bitch, the first ingredient is duck, then duck meal, pearl barely, sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, white rice, whole egg, millet...etc.... you can bet that most of the protein is coming from grains and vegetables.