2008 Tundra 5.7L, with tow package (4.30 gears) my average mixed driving from over the summer is around 15L/100 KM with stock rubber, and I averaged as bad as 18L/100 last winter with 275/70R18's (10PR) and lots of very short trips where it didn't reach operating temp, and warm up time to defrost.

I've gotten 13.2 on two separate long highway trips, owned it a year, zero issues in that time and it's over 200,000Km. Power is abundant, smooth, and the 6spd auto transmission is solid.

Had 2006 Tacoma doublecab 4L 6spd manual with 10 ply 235/85R16's on it, I could get 12.5L/100 on the highway, but it's average wasn't much better than the Tundra. I only miss the Tacoma off the pavement for it's narrower stance, nimbleness and better clearance / approach angles, but then I can fit my quad in the back of the tundra with the tailgate closed, so... And for as big as it is, the Tundra is pretty darn agile.

I owned the Tacoma 6.5 years, and loved it. I had intended to keep it much longer, but a novice driver brought it to an abrupt end, and even then, I have to say I was very impressed with it as I walked from that horrible wreck.

Dollar for dollar, the Tundra is a heck of a lot more truck though, and I'm more than happy with it. For both, there is a good reason why you see so many around, yet so few for sale.