Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Broadheads for Hunting

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Broadheads for Hunting

My favorite from NAP is their HellRazor. It is a takeoff from the Razorcap (they bought the company out) but it looks stronger. I still have a dozen Razorcaps that I'm using and liking.

personally, I don't see the need for mechanicals. With a little effort, you can easily tune fixed braodheads to shoot as consistent as any other arrow. I shoot muzzy's, and have had great success as has my hunting partner. It all comes to personal choice. Personally, But I think shot placement probable accounts for more wounded game then braodhead choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfoot View Post
    just got a pack of montec 100's. so far im impressed. thick blades, super easy to sharpen, and one piece of metal!
    Im with you, Montecs tune and fly great, and the one peice design make it strong, here is a review on them I wrote after shooting a blackbear with it: http://www.huntingtipsandtricks.com/...tec_Broadheads
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

So how sharp is sharp enough?
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

you should be able to shave the hair on your arm, or cut a stretched elastic band with one swipe/touch. the blades should be sticky sharp.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Bow Walker Guest

As sharp as you can possibly make them. Soft, gentle strokes at the end of the sharpening process, making sure that the number of strokes is even for each side of the blade.