Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broadheads for Hunting

Re: Broadheads for Hunting

I would love to decapitate a turkey with one of those, I've seen them on a few shows and it's almost comical when they connect lol!
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Bow Walker Guest

I've seen the videos using those Guillotine heads. Wow!. Lottsa floppin around and general "funky chicken" dancing. The bird is dead - right away - though the nerves take a while to get th e message thru to the muscles.

I prefer fixed blade heads myself - but I am a believer of "Whatever Ffluffs Your Kilt, bucko!"

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_S View Post
    Any outdoor writer who recomends mech heads for big game especially to a newb hunter, should have one shoved up his arse.

Oh big deal... the thing probably wouldn't even open up.
    Backroad Access Closures - Send an Email NOW!
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10125

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Franko Manini View Post
    Oh big deal... the thing probably wouldn't even open up.
    heh, heh, heh..............

..........hahahaha..........lol
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

LMAO

Now I use Mechs ... Never had a problem with them ...I posses the knowledge and ability to tune fixed heads ... the only time I never passed thru using Mechs was when I spined a buck. other than that ...short blood trails to a dead critter

those of you burning mech blades ... shoot a quality one and your opinions will change ....theres crappy ones out there granted ...but theres crappy fixed blades as well ....

good point mikey. going to try the tekans in the kootenays and grim reapers maybe. also got some little devil 75 grain ultimate steels i might whump a deer with and see how they do! lol..... the grim reapers are a deadly machine......
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

I have been using the Rocket Steelheads with success ... Cody(Jackal) over on Bowzone ..has used the steelhead 100s for 10 years that I know of ... Passed thru each of his 10 elk in those 10 years and always put down his Deer with those heads... Well as you can figger Cody being Cody if something fails once he would never use it again .... every year he shoots at least 3 animals with those heads ....

the only critter hes hunted and never taken down with those are Turkeys ...simply cause he missed each shot hes put on them gobblers

Bow Walker Guest

Seems like whatever works for someone is what gets that someone's stamp of approval and recommendation from then on.

I've tried a lot of expandables, replaceable blades, and fixed blades. For me it is fixed blades. Just my opinion (for what it's worth).

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    those of you burning mech blades ... shoot a quality one and your opinions will change ....theres crappy ones out there granted ...but theres crappy fixed blades as well ....
    Been there done that, won't do it again. Spit-fires are considered one of the better heads, and yet I personally have had major issues with it. I know of 2 other guys who have had the identical issue with it.

If your so knowledgeable why wouldn't you just tune fixed blades to fly right

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others