Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using E-bikes to hunt sheep

Re: Using E-bikes to hunt sheep

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Guess WHAT no JUDGE is going to Convict you with that answer from a BC Gov Office THEY don't even know themselves WTF is the REAL answer! Take your chances with the Judge He will be your Friend ! More Proof our CO dept is RUN poorly and this is BIT of a JOKE ! jmo RJ
    AND that response is to an e bike .... a e-assist bike will not move without human power so there is no grey area .

Oreau had a response similar to the one that is on here......
    what him and I both agreed with is....''the ministry has to kick this into gear, and have something "definitive written"
    in the regs, on e-bikes asap....
    The ministry knows they exist...but again...fail to make a decision once and for all (notice I said "for all"...lol)...
    they know about...yet do what they do best in the ministry..."squat"!!!!
    Really make you wonder why they even have jobs......doesn't sound like they ever do anything in there...

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    So the advice from the CO Service said its grey.... They said it has not been challenged in court... Lets say you buy one and try it.. You get caught by CO who sees it more black and white.. Then you get charges, probably the bike seized, then a long drawn out court process, you will probably have to hire a lawyer.... and in the end its up to the judge to decide IF its black or white? You may lose, you may have the bike forfeited...

That does not seem like common sense being ignored....

What I am saying is you state " I seriously doubt that there would be any charge..." Why take the risk, sit back long enough and some FOOL will try it and then see how the courts play it out before you go down that road (figuratively and physically)...

Nothing wrong with being a pioneer or a trend setter, but maybe not on this one..
    This topic has been beaten to death. Power-assisted E-bikes are perfectly legal in road closures.

Nothing grey about it.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

In my opinion, after using one to 21 km's into backcountry for a sheep trip.
    The pedal assist definitely makes life a little easier, but a motorized vehicle in the sense we all understand that to mean, and what they had in mind when they made the laws, it's no motor vehicle.
    But we'll see if the laws catch up to available technology......

Cheers.
    John
    www.highlanderhunting.podbean.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Huh ? It says does NOT include a device designed to be moved by human ...... an e- assist bike will just sit there if you don't pedal .
    I've never seen an e-assist bike & don't really GAF. Maybe, you should put your money where your mouth is... Buy 1 of those ghey bikes, get busted by a CO riding into a MV closure, take it through court & set a precedent. ;
    The mountains are calling & I must go. ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by steepNdeep View Post
    I've never seen an e-assist bike & don't really GAF. Maybe, you should put your money where your mouth is... Buy 1 of those ghey bikes, get busted by a CO riding into a MV closure, take it through court & set a precedent. ;
    Places you can use them places you cant
    Some closures say right on them No Bicycles. Some don’t
    I use mine where I can. Never had a problem
    CO didn’t say anything about it as where I was bicycles are allowed

Sounds like a pain in the ass to me . Two feet and a heartbeat wear out some boots
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

electric motor on the boat loaded gun in boat 175$ even when boat is on the shore . not going to court for 175$

Yep, that was my take away after giving it a try.
    Since we rented them and they're worth $5K a piece, I found myself always wondering if the bike was OK, not being eaten by porcupines, mice, grizz, etc.