Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Another

Re: Another

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Wonder how many go by way of the two legged variety that are indigenous to the region?
    That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work, those things are heavy ya know!
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Right on, protect what is yours, its bad enough wolves kill a lot of wildlife but stock is a whole new issue. Tough animal to trap, but a good trapper will get them, wishin you good luck!! Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Wolves killed another cow for me last night, at least one calf bitten up. Trapper on his way and we'll set up tonight yet.

When this pack is gone you can send donations for saving a few moose and caribou to yours truly. haha

SOB's
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

[QUOTE=LBM;1945677]So what do you think was different in 2007.
    You have mentioned before that your trapper gets the whole pack but you continue to have problems. So is it more just like one large mass of wolves in your area and just like sub packs or small groups that break off that are caught. How far are these new packs coming from that come into your area. Does any one else do any thing in surrounding areas.[QUOTE]

I have friends that successfully snare wolves in Alberta and they will clean out a pack, getting 20 - 30 each winter. by the following winter there are as many if not more back in the area. I have spoken to others who have the same experiences in Alberta. I think there are more wolves than deer and moose now where I hunt - at least there are more tracks.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Typical rancher, always with the hand out.
    I hope you are a rancher with a wry sense of humour.

Go get 'em gcreek!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

That must really put a dent in the family income... makes it hard to stay profitable.

I wonder if the costs of a full-time ranger rider and pack of guardian dogs would be less than your losses?

Start dumpin tainted bodies like they used to do in the 50’s and 60’s.... let’m burn
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Terrible to hear about your losses Gcreek, buddies of mine down the road from you having issues as well, call up those "entitled" boys in their Tracker to help out maybe?
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Hunting in Williams lake riski creek area 14 years back we took a massive brown phase blackie that was munching down on a farmers cow up the strouse road. I would imagine bears take a few cattle from you as well as wolves do they not?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Typical rancher, always with the hand out.
    If you think wolf numbers are affecting wild game numbers, then you would hopefully be smart enough to understand that Ranchers hold Ace. Hunters will never be listened too when we say wolf populations need to be managed, controlled, culled whatever because we are simply blood thirsty killers. Ranchers however are a huge industry in this province, they have the ear of the government no matter who is in power and if we can work with them we just might get somewhere.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by patbrennan View Post
    348 cows/calves is a big pile of money lost, how big is your herd?

Oh Man ... there's somethings you just don't ask a rancher ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The left is not going to listen to the people. The left already knows what is best for the people.