Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Another

Re: Another

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    My comment was made in complete sarcasm as gcreek pointed out.
    We can scientifically study wildlife issues until we are all blue in the face.
    If a “fix” is never applied the problem only grows.
    Making the possibilities of more studies endless.

Scientists and biologists will not make a decision unless forced to. Decisions mean action needs taken and an end to more studies.

Follow the money.......

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    My comment was made in complete sarcasm as gcreek pointed out.
    We can scientifically study wildlife issues until we are all blue in the face.
    If a “fix” is never applied the problem only grows.
    Sorry I missed the sarcasm. Should have known as most of your comments are well thought out and accurate.....
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Making the possibilities of more studies endless.

Scientists and biologists will not make a decision unless forced to. Decisions mean action needs taken and an end to more studies.

Follow the money.......
    And that's why I don't see the using heli to hunt wolves as being possible.
    How much does it cost these days to put a bird like that in the air per hour?????
    Doubt there is money in the budget for that.!!
    And ya, trapping works to a point, but "how far into the back country do they get"??
    and from the sounds of it, even when trapping is successful, even with large #'s taken in a year, those dogs come back like "vermin" over and over again.
    What is illegal right now..IMO...is still the best choice, the most economical choice, the most ability to hit anywhere and everywhere....I know some will disagree...but it works...
    Gcreek, hope your problems come to rest sometime soon....
    And I do wish the ministry would stop wasting money on studies, and start spending money on active solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    And that's why I don't see the using heli to hunt wolves as being possible.
    How much does it cost these days to put a bird like that in the air per hour?????
    Doubt there is money in the budget for that.!!
    And ya, trapping works to a point, but "how far into the back country do they get"??
    and from the sounds of it, even when trapping is successful, even with large #'s taken in a year, those dogs come back like "vermin" over and over again.
    What is illegal right now..IMO...is still the best choice, the most economical choice, the most ability to hit anywhere and everywhere....I know some will disagree...but it works...
    Gcreek, hope your problems come to rest sometime soon....
    And I do wish the ministry would stop wasting money on studies, and start spending money on active solutions.
    Thanks.

Money shouldn't be an issue considering the billions our current Federal gov. has sent overseas.

Helis and trapping can be used together to achieve results. Not sure how effective poison will be until the current population dies off.

I know some are using the illegal stuff. When birds won't land on my winter wolf bait out my kitchen window you know they have been trained somewhere. If birds won't touch a carcass, the dogs surely won't.

I would love it for a bunch of funding-taken off hunting licenses etc, go towards wolf population control via helicopter in winter in select areas where the hills are open enuf to cover a lot of ground and have good success.. In many different spots in the province..

$1800 an hour give or take for an astar

Where roughly are you located?

Number 2 died today.

I saw a bunch of from sign by Bonaparte lake today.

The pack that patrols the Bonaparte Lake area is massive. We caught a glimpse of them last winter while sledding through a slash and there was over 20. The amount of moose a pack like that would take down each winter is mind blowing. I heard they had headed towards the Red Lake area following the game but maybe not... that or another pack has moved in