Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Another

Re: Another

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I am using several legal ways to eradicate my problems. By law we are allowed to protect our livestock. I don't need any help from you unless you can pull a major poison or heli shooting program province wide out of your posterior.

FN do own both traplines and graciously let the wolves and problem beaver be trapped with no strings attached.

The experts say there are 8500 wolves in this province. The report is several years old. 100 well fed wolves now means 250 to feed a year from now. Use your imagination for the expotential result.

Done with you now LBM, you were a troll before and you aren't changing.
    Just because one is trying to figure things out and doesn't agree with all you say doesn't mean they are a troll, but you are intitled to your opinion.
    I would not support poison but heli shooting yes. Pretty much all number reports on all wildlife is old so that is part of the problem with things.
    So again trying to figure things out in post #51 you say the 2 traplines have not been used by the owners or any one else for 30 yrs, but here you
    say they graciously let wolves and problem beaver be trapped. So don't no what it is. Just trying to see if full time trapping of wolves on the lines during the
    legal trapping season is having a effect or not.

You are right, in the LML they aren't a threat.

Yet.......
    No one said any thing about them being a threat.
    Again your comment was that they are the number one reason for the demise of game populations in the province, which I disagree with,
    Numbers of various ungulates have been dropping in the EK since the 80s and wasn't due to wolves, they are there now but not so
    much then.

[QUOTE=REMINGTON JIM;1946309]

There was a wolf caught at a neighbor's two winters ago wearing a Washington F&G collar. That give you an idea of how far they are travelling?

My Buddy snared a wolf a few years back at Bridge Lake with a Transmitter Collar that identified it as coming from a Pack of Wolves out of JASPER ! That's a long ways away too ! They figure it was a Outcast Old Male ! RJ
    Another wolf was shot on the ice of Crooked Lake near Horsefly ...... collared in Oregon.

348 head have not come home since 2003. Some have died of other causes for sure. 2007 saw them all come home. Last year was 25 calves and 8 cows, this year we are nearly in and short 16 calves and 5 cows so far. 10 pairs and 10 bulls still out. Most of our neighbors have the same kind of loss percentages. It will total in the neighborhood of 100 head in the Anahim Lake area this year. Cows come home and most of the wolves either die or go to live off moose and caribou til next year's buffet is set...
    Those numbers are kinda mind blowing for the non-farmer with no clue
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Big one tied to a tree this morning. The rest are dead now, they just don't know it yet.

Big one tied to a tree this morning. The rest are dead now, they just don't know it yet.

So if they are left alive they stop eating meat? Let's have some backup to the bullshit.

Exactly why I use the mitigators I do, they remove the entire offending pack.
    Last edited by gcreek; 10-23-2017 at 02:43 PM.

It looks like you're in the Anaham lake area? it will be interesting to see how the precipice fire impacts the wolf population. I understand it was a big tract of land. I would expect that it might concentrate the game and make for easier winter kill for the wolves, therefore making even larger numbers next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleseven View Post
    It looks like you're in the Anaham lake area? it will be interesting to see how the precipice fire impacts the wolf population. I understand it was a big tract of land. I would expect that it might concentrate the game and make for easier winter kill for the wolves, therefore making even larger numbers next year.
    I don't think this Precipice fire was as large as the one that came out of the park in 2010 or the other that started in the park farther north a couple years later.

All things go in cycles and we are at a rising NA cycle with wolves. The last time it happened, the general public was a much closer to the land and politicians of the day had the balls to act rather than wring their hands and hope the problem goes away. How long until they start dying naturally? They have a long way east to expand.........