Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: And here we go again

Re: And here we go again

My point, was very simply that EVERY group of humans have perpetrated horrific attacks upon other groups. Given, the constant references, very often erroneous to only some aspects of Canadian history, in every thread here concerning wildlife and fisheries management, I consider my comments both factual and appropriate.

I have been involved in serious conservation activities since 1961 and am only too aware of what the historical and contemporary issues and problems are. So, frankly, your reference to "the gutter" is inappropriate and not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    My point, was very simply that EVERY group of humans have perpetrated horrific attacks upon other groups. Given, the constant references, very often erroneous to only some aspects of Canadian history, in every thread here concerning wildlife and fisheries management, I consider my comments both factual and appropriate.

I have been involved in serious conservation activities since 1961 and am only too aware of what the historical and contemporary issues and problems are. So, frankly, your reference to "the gutter" is inappropriate and not helpful.
    My comment was not directed at you BBD, take no offence.
    It would be refreshing (understatement) for this Hunting site to talk more about wildlife and less about politics and issues that WE can't fix.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Good point, but, in today's Canada, the issues are so inextricably enmeshed.

Well, off to Cabela's-Abby, for the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Well, off to Cabela's-Abby, for the sale!
    Now your talkin.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

I sort of miss the "good ol days" on this site as well...you know...
    When Jelvis was the "Riddler" and Dana was the "Mule Deer God!" (atleast, he thought he was the only one who knew
    anything on that topic, and everyone else was wrong)....
    But back then, there were more stories and more photo's.
    Now it seems you can only find stuff on facebook.
    But yes, some many things going on with and around our hunting community, and most of it not positive and worse,
    feeling completely hopeless in trying to "make it right" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I sort of miss the "good ol days" on this site as well...you know...
    When Jelvis was the "Riddler" and Dana was the "Mule Deer God!" (atleast, he thought he was the only one who knew
    anything on that topic, and everyone else was wrong)....
    But back then, there were more stories and more photo's.
    Now it seems you can only find stuff on facebook.
    But yes, some many things going on with and around our hunting community, and most of it not positive and worse,
    feeling completely hopeless in trying to "make it right" again.
    And HBC has rats in the woodpile.
    Wish more were sharp enough to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    edgar11

I will try to take pull this sinking thread out of the gutter.
    I'm sure others share the concern (and remember this is a HUNTING website) wildlife is in the shitter with no real plan to fix the many complex issues.

Simple reality is uncontrolled and unregulated harvest that negatively effect breeding populations pisses people off.
    It is simple as that.

I have zero issue with FN rights to natural resources.
    Many are starting to see it as exploitation as resources keep shrinking however.

Some atrocities committed on FNs is inexcusable, agreed.
    This site is about hunting and wildlife and I try to raise the level of conversation back to just that.

I would like to think that you and I both agree any person that jeopardizes public safety or kills wildlife in a non sustainable way is simply unacceptable. Where the growing frustration comes from.... there is no immediate solution to curtail illegal discharge and use of firearms, the negative population impacts by certain certain harvest practices .....

The day all stakeholders put wildlife first, not take advantage of exploitation and immunity, wildlife stands a chance to get out of this downward spiral. It will take all of us to fix this.
    Oh no I am very much with you its just that some mix up what a few are doing as EVERYONE is doing it. AND......... some throw in the regular assumptions of FN people which is simply not true in this day and age. No its not OK to shoot in the middle of a city and its not OK to shoot whatever you want. Then there is some that simply hate and that's a whole new ball of wax all together.

You can't tell me that what I see isn't happening.

Muslims believe in a worldview that subjugates others to them. Indians believe in a worldview that subjugates others to them. Where are the egalitarians? What happened to all men being equal?

Indians don't own Canada any more than Puritans own Massachusetts or Huguenots own Florida. They haven't cared for it, administrated it, defended it. The Royal Proclamation of 1763 has nothing about the Crown's care of the natives, ergo all Canadian citizens have implicitly abandoned foreign allegiance. All I see are a crowd of parasites ever wanting to have their cake and eat it too, at the expense of others, no different than white trash welfare children occupying their own "reservations" in social housing units.

The Crown is notoriously fickle, and you'd be naive to trust any promise from them without being able to independently enforce it. Better make a deal with Communist China when Canada gives you more land and titles to vote Liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

"white trash welfare children", and their situation is all their fault, eh?

I will stop there as my contempt may compel me to say what I really feel about you and the few like you here who may well find themselves in serious life trouble someday and thus learn what others must cope with every day. Then, I expect I would be "banned" and you really are not worth the hassle.

Apparently, I am; you just can't resist. Every post I make must increase your dependence on our welfare medical system that you've foisted on the next generation, to which you did not contribute. Keep trying to liquidate those Model 70s.
    Last edited by Surrey Boy; 10-26-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..