Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And here we go again

Re: And here we go again

The location is 500 meters from my house.....and I live close to a school.
    Where the deer was killed is in one of the few remaining orchards that remains unfenced and is by one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. It is posted heavily with no hunting or trespassing signs.

FN have not been the only problem in that orchard.
    I spoke to the care taker when picking up windfall apples. Claims he finds several arrows and xbox bolts every year.
    Every time a big urban buck shows up there are guys sneaking around trying to kill it.
    Absolutely pathetic.
    Last edited by Ourea; 10-19-2017 at 10:37 AM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by campking View Post
    It will never change, it is just me and perhaps a fault of mine but every time things like this happen I think about my relatives that died during the war and are buried overseas.
    Is this the freedom that they fought and sacrificed for I THINK NOT!
    Saying that...my forefathers were on the other side of WW2.
    Had their leader won that one, you can imagine what would have happened.
    Lots of people lost their lives for "our freedoms", and there is a group has seemed to forget that.
    Not only that, but they are forgetting that even some of their members lost their lives for that same freedom.
    There not just disrespecting us, but some of their forefathers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Where the deer was killed in one of the few remaining orchards that remains unfenced and is by one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. It is posted heavily with no hunting or trespassing signs.

I spoke to the care taker when picking up windfall apples. Claims he finds several arrows and xbox bolts every year.
    Every time a big urban buck shows up there are guys sneaking around trying to kill it.
    Absolutely pathetic.
    The fact they did that by a school....
    As a father of a 10 yr old....that is BS.....
    I hate to say this, but at some point, there will be an incident of "firing back"...
    The RCMP/CO's better start seeing what is going to happen if they don't get control of these situations that
    are occurring....
    But to threaten the lives of any children, of any color and race, is down right pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Saying that...my forefathers were on the other side of WW2.
    Had their leader won that one, you can imagine what would have happened.
    Lots of people lost their lives for "our freedoms", and there is a group has seemed to forget that.
    Not only that, but they are forgetting that even some of their members lost their lives for that same freedom.
    There not just disrespecting us, but some of their forefathers as well.
    It isn't just "a" group. Many groups have forgotten it.

Unfortunately, as Thomas Jefferson so eloquently put it: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I hate to say this, but at some point, there will be an incident of "firing back"...
    The RCMP/CO's better start seeing what is going to happen if they don't get control of these situations that
    are occurring....
    But to threaten the lives of any children, of any color and race, is down right pathetic.
    The orchard is about 800-900 meters from the school.

Prior to aggressive fencing, mitigating deer depredation in the neighborhood vineyards and orchards, there were some hammer bucks literally walking down the street. I remember being out for a run and having a 230+ buck walk across the street in front of me. This happened right at the school. Within days there were guys sneaking around with crossbows. He got gut shot with a cross bow and was put down by the CO's with his guts starting to bulge out.

Mid 190 typical suffered the same fate.....only he had an arrow thru his neck.

My point being, there will be some on both sides that will try and kill a giant buck no matter where it is. The difference being is that some are exempt from prosecution. Both are scum.

There are proud FN hunters that only focus on males in the backcountry, and good on them.
    There are also some FN hunters that will continue to keep pushing the boundaries operating with impunity despite jeopardizing public safety, trespassing, firearm violations etc.

My fear is that it is only escalating with no push back.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Reconcilliation.............
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Reconcilliation.............
    Touche.

Reconciliation is leading to exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    It isn't just "a" group. Many groups have forgotten it.

Unfortunately, as Thomas Jefferson so eloquently put it: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    I know what you are saying....
    I heard of a buck being taken in Princeton, right behind a gas station, with bow, by locals, and they were not FN.
    My point to my comment wasn't that only 1 group does this type of BS, all groups do.
    My point is, if it were you and I that were caught, especially in regards to a "Gun/Rifle" being used (and I mean more so then say with a crossbow), you and I would be in a whole lot of deep S***!.
    Difference is, 1 group ends up with basically "no consequences" for their "illegal actions".
    I would never make an excuse for any BC Resident (non FN),if they took part in such action and were caught....
    (look at the bashing we give to some people who are caught for poaching, ie that Yukon Ram that was said by the hunter that it was in BC, but wasn't,)
    None of us on here condoned it, we were all upset about it.
    So, why should I be in-different to this person....
    Like I said, it's not about who did it, but that the consequences for that individual, based on ethnic background, won't
    have the same charges laid against him/her....
    Now that in itself, because this person is FN in this case, and won't be charged the same....is racism.
    And then, to fire a gun! inside city limits....nope, not flying with me....lock him/her up....then this stops!

are occurring....
    I'm afraid it will happen sooner than you think. I just don't want to see what's going to follow, it will be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Where the deer was killed is in one of the few remaining orchards that remains unfenced and is by one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. It is posted heavily with no hunting or trespassing signs.

Absolutely pathetic.

Nooo, that orchard?!? Insane!

And then, to fire a gun! inside city limits....nope, not flying with me....lock him/her up....then this stops!

This ambivalence helps nobody. Clear bylaw, firearms regulations have been broken. If they're not enforced it can be used by non-FN cases and the slippery slop of arguments is leading nowhere good.

I, for one, don't understand the reticence in applying said charges. If FN is fojnd drunk in city they're charged. If they assault someone, they're charged. If they broke firearms regulations they should be charged. Trespassing, discharging a weapon within city limits.

Enough already!
    Last edited by Xenomorph; 10-19-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

I know what you are saying....
    I heard of a buck being taken in Princeton, right behind a gas station, with bow, by locals, and they were not FN.
    My point to my comment wasn't that only 1 group does this type of BS, all groups do.
    My point is, if it were you and I that were caught, especially in regards to a "Gun/Rifle" being used (and I mean more so then say with a crossbow), you and I would be in a whole lot of deep S***!.
    Difference is, 1 group ends up with basically "no consequences" for their "illegal actions".
    I would never make an excuse for any BC Resident (non FN),if they took part in such action and were caught....
    (look at the bashing we give to some people who are caught for poaching, ie that Yukon Ram that was said by the hunter that it was in BC, but wasn't,)
    None of us on here condoned it, we were all upset about it.
    So, why should I be in-different to this person....
    Like I said, it's not about who did it, but that the consequences for that individual, based on ethnic background, won't
    have the same charges laid against him/her....
    Now that in itself, because this person is FN in this case, and won't be charged the same....is racism.
    Trespassing, unlawful discharge etc. should be the charges.

I agree with you. I was simply stating that, like you said, too many groups are apathetic to the losses that give us liberty.