Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut your tag when??

Cut your tag when??

Just got off the other forum,the debate is if you shoot a moose and before you get to it a grizzly claims it.do you have to legally cut your tag or not??thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cut your tag when??

If I shoot it, and I know I killed it...
    CUT THE TAG.

If I lose the meat to predators or my own mishandling, the death of the animal was a direct result of my actions, therefore I cut the tag.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Hmm cut tag..self report to conservation officer..ask for extenuating circumstances..new tag request..all they can say is no..
    Steven

I agree with above. If I saw the animal drop and I know it's dead I cut my tag. Even if your unsure of a good hit or a miss and you track the animal to find a bear on your kill. I still believe it is your moral obligation to cut your tag.

And they will say No!

That would be poor luck to have a grizz on it even before you get to it! Has this ever happened? I mean what is an average moose shot out to? Most moose I see die are under 60 yards. Even at 600, that is nuts to have a bear on it in under 20 minutes. And yes, cut the tag.

Hmm the alternative..dead moose with your bullet in it..can be proven it's your bullet that killed the moose..your tag pristine...
    Hmmm that's not going to end well..
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm the alternative..dead moose with your bullet in it..can be proven it's your bullet that killed the moose..your tag pristine...
    Hmmm that's not going to end well..
    Srupp
    No, an animal in your possession with your tag pristine = big trouble. But if the animals not in your possession and your tags cut... Not sure how that will go

Hmm ..hence my recomendation..cut the tag..write on it..intention to self report..grizzly took over the carcass...illegal to shoot grizzly to save the game meat.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Morleystw View Post
    Just got off the other forum,the debate is if you shoot a moose and before you get to it a grizzly claims it.do you have to legally cut your tag or not??thanks.
    Sounds like someone is pretty bored
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!