Thread: Game cam Cougar

Game cam Cougar

I have a camera attached to the back of my cabin looking over a spot that I have had feed down to see if any bucks are in my yard...130 photos in 2 weeks...mostly deer and the neighbors dog, however one photo was real interesting. It is a little dark, however no mistaking who the visitor is. I am wondering if the feed is keeping the deer around, and the cat is now here to feed on the deer. The cat is literally 10 from my cabin. I will be having a look outside before I go out to take a leak from now on !!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Game cam Cougar

If you bring deer in on a regular basis, then you bring what is after deer in on a regular basis too.

Yup dont trust that cat...take it from me you get the chance nuke it.................... ....... .....

Go buy a tag is it open where you are at..

I wouldn't sweat it much.
    Cats are simply part of the landscape and seldom offer a threat.
    I am constantly getting cats on my cams to remind me of that.

I often check cams after dinner in the dark with nothing more than a headlamp.

Don't let them get in your head.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Really cool. Buy like our said, wouldn't sweat it much. You probably walked right past them and never even know they were there.

Went back yesterday to a spot I hiked in the snow last week and found cougar tracks in my old foot prints. Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    Went back yesterday to a spot I hiked in the snow last week and found cougar tracks in my old foot prints. Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up for sure.
    On numerous occasions I have had cats show up on camera video within minutes of me leaving a cam site.
    They sniff around and pitter off.
    Only concern you should have is if there are little ones around or pets. Been a few horror stories of parents having to fight off a cat that snatched a small child.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Cats, wolves, grizzlies...It’s all part of the outdoor experience. Accept they are out there. Know the risks and decide if can live with it. I too have cougars on my cams. I have seen them in the wild. I figure I’ve got way higher odds of being killed or maimed trying to cross the Portmann bridge.