Thread: Alps Outdoorz Traverse Pack

Alps Outdoorz Traverse Pack

Hi HBC. Been looking at the Alps Outdoorz Traverse EPS as a large daypack, maybe for a night or two backpack hunt. I like that it has a meat shelf, a gun/bow holder, and its price tag. I just got their bino harness and it seems really solidly build and comfortable. Any feedback? Thanks folks!
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Alps Outdoorz Traverse Pack

I dont own the Traverse but I have a couple other alps packs and products and they are all solid for the price. The Traverse Xtreme is a real nice pack and the meat shelf is awesome and can be used for packing tons of extra gear on the outside of the pack. I currently use a Badlands 2200 that also has the meat shelf and its an awesome day pack. For the price I dont think you can go wrong.

Can't comment on that specific pack but all the other Alps products Iv used have been great. Currently use the commander extreme pack and it's amazing. Traverse will probably please you.

I have an Alps daypack. It's well made but... I'm standard height (5' 9") but I had to let the shoulder straps out all the way to get the waist belt on my hips properly. Maybe it was that specific pack but it's never been an issue with other packs and I didn't notice that issue in the store when I was trying it on.

I’ve had a “Trailblazer” for a long time and for the price is a good one..don’t use the waist belt until I load it up good works good without it ,modified the zipper tags... sprayed it down with the 3m scotch guard... one full can when I first purchased it only application... it holds up well ... heavy duty zip loc bags for keeping everything dry inside for the long run adverse conditions you run into ... easy to clean...good all round daypack in my opinion. : )

The Traverse looks like a really good pack , just wanted to mention how good the Alps product is.
    Last edited by Ferenc; 10-18-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks for the input folks. I will hopefully get one before long so I can start packing weight and getting in shape for spring bear! Will report back on how I like it.
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

Buddy has one. Chest straps are attached via a c shaped clip on a plastic tube. When those broke, we used paracord and hockey tape to put his pack back together.
    Hokey crap in my opinion, but your mileage may vary.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I like mine. No problems whatsoever.