Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heaters and Whitetail Blinds

Re: Heaters and Whitetail Blinds

electric insoles work really well. love mine. Best xmas gift ever. I use em coyote hunting 2-3x a week and they work great. i run them on low just to keep the feet from hurting.

thoughts on heater use inside a tent?

I have one of these, never used it inside the tent, but my gf always complains she is cold

http://www.mrheater.com/portable-buddy-heater.html

Says on the site "perfect solution to heating enclosed spaces such as large tents". Wonder if they really are safe to use in a tent on LOW setting in November .... just to take that edge off the chill.

Some of the best/consistent reviews I've read have been on that exact unit ^^^
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

I have 2 buddy heaters, the one pictured above and the model with 2 burners, both work great, not sure I'd ever trust them sleeping though but they run all day in the ice fishing hut and blind

when the 1 lb tanks get below half full you'll run into issues with them shutting off or the pilot lights up but burner won't light when it's really cold out...running them off a larger tank will typically solve that issue...you can also get adapters to fill the 1lbers if you want to save some money

aside from that I clean the pilot tube at start of season and they work flawlessly
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Yeah, i can't decide if i'd want to fall asleep to it being on. Sounds sketchy even though the claim is that it's safe and has an oxygen depletion sensor built in. I dunno ..... i'm not convinced. I mean, i don't wanna wake up dead

I too have the hunt buddy heater, have not used it in a hunting blind but have in my much larger ice fishing tent. Once it heats up your usually down to a t-shirt. My feet usually stay cold though being on the ice so a couple of heating pads and couple of socks are still mandatory for me.

Used the same Buddy heater for 10? Years..feb.wolf hunting in blind, whitetails in Alberta..extremely warm.reliable..seem to always be hooked up to 20 # tank. However have used the 1# can too....outfitter, up north had them for blinds..NOT FOR tents..or level would concern me but moisture content would be exesssive"..
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Some of the best/consistent reviews I've read have been on that exact unit ^^^
    It's a hundred bucks....pull the trigger.
    Not like you're buying a pr of $600 boots that need to fit just right.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    It's a hundred bucks....pull the trigger.
    Not like you're buying a pr of $600 boots that need to fit just right.
    Or dress warmer.

We sit in treestands for up to 5 hours at -30. Use warm clothes, layers and add hot packs on the thighs, small of the back and hands.

sitting for 5 hrs in -30 i'd be sticking those hot packs on like krusty the clown and nicotine patches