Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7-18 griz

7-18 griz

Good evening fellow hunters.
    looking for access options for 7-18, first time wife puts in for griz draw, she got it! 20 years plus for me with nil. Not looking for honey holes just some info, thanks! Willing to trade some info for late season elk up 7-20 or info for Dawson creek area.
    lovin the new mod 70 .308!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-18 griz

Turn onto the Gleason FSR immediately after the suspension bridge

Great spot to watch a hidden slide in the spring, trail leaves Gleason @ N54 04' 10.1" / W121 06'02.5"

In fall I'd just look for moose and you'll find a bear, or a bear will find you.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Sorry for bumping the thread but I am wondering if a truck can go over the bridge? I have heard the barricades have been moved a bit and a truck can go threw now.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

When I was there at the end of last month there was a guy who brought his jeep across. I don't think a full size pick up would make it. It's not too hard to move them if you wanted to. We were in the process of rigging up to move them and one of the locals showed up and suggested we would likely get a big fine for having our vehicles back there. I think he was full of bs.

There is only 2 roads into 7-18. Pass lake road and the walker fsr.

Thank you for the info. My buddy has a bull draw and has been out on the Walker many, many times. Looking for a change of scenery.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

Was in there last year on Moose draws, you can only cross the bridge with an ATV , Its clearly marked at the bridge and its in the regulations on the first page for area 7 , we used quads , we witnessed two seperate hunters getting fined , one took a Samari and the other a Jeep , There is a Guide that works out of there and he was reporting hunters moving the blocks etc, there was also a survey crew in there last season marking roads for new logging cuts and they were watching as well , so take a chance if you want to but be prepared to pay a fine if you get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    When I was there at the end of last month there was a guy who brought his jeep across. I don't think a full size pick up would make it. It's not too hard to move them if you wanted to. We were in the process of rigging up to move them and one of the locals showed up and suggested we would likely get a big fine for having our vehicles back there. I think he was full of bs.
    You sound like a law abiding, well respected hunter. No wonder so many of you get a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Was in there last year on Moose draws, you can only cross the bridge with an ATV , Its clearly marked at the bridge and its in the regulations on the first page for area 7 , we used quads , we witnessed two seperate hunters getting fined , one took a Samari and the other a Jeep , There is a Guide that works out of there and he was reporting hunters moving the blocks etc, there was also a survey crew in there last season marking roads for new logging cuts and they were watching as well , so take a chance if you want to but be prepared to pay a fine if you get caught.
    The guide was the one with his jeep back there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    You sound like a law abiding, well respected hunter. No wonder so many of you get a bad rap.
    I live in Alberta, so it kind of goes with the territory.