Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: West Harrison, Hemlock Valley region still bad?

Re: West Harrison, Hemlock Valley region still bad?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I seriously doubt you bushwacked for 11km through the harrison jungle or that you saw 100 deer.

At least post the 5 dead ones to show your story holds some water.
    why do you doubt 11km in those woods exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    why do you doubt 11km in those woods exactly?
    Because 1. It's extremely thick terrain full of blow down and often quite steep. 11km hike in this type of bushwack? I don't see it. Not unless you're mobile camping and in for several days.

2. I don't think any terrain in harrison is even left where you can hike for 11km and not hit a road. LOL. That place is chock full of roads all over the place. Logged the sh*t out of it last few years.

I do think some good hunting could be had further north on that side, around the fire lake area. I've explored a little up there years ago and there is potential, but by the time you make up there on the dirt road you could be in some better mule deer country. I also wouldn't consider thay far north "harrison west" anymore

Well I did say get off the main roads theirs tons of gated roads that reduce access I also said the farthest deer was 11km off a road, my gps tracked me at 73.6 km walked/ bycycled in and out of the areas I go in 5 days no I will not post pics of what I have gotten, no it wasn't at the top of the lake, and I'm not to concerned if you believe me or not, it is what it is, spent a lot of time in their scouting, if the original poster of this thread would like to message me I will give you some areas to try out and help you along the way, as I have done for quite a few people on this website, I'm not worried about my credibility in the least bit,

happy hunting out their

Because 1. It's extremely thick terrain full of blow down and often quite steep. 11km hike in this type of bushwack? I don't see it. Not unless you're mobile camping and in for several days.

2. I don't think any terrain in harrison is even left where you can hike for 11km and not hit a road. LOL. That place is chock full of roads all over the place. Logged the sh*t out of it last few years.

I do think some good hunting could be had further north on that side, around the fire lake area. I've explored a little up there years ago and there is potential, but by the time you make up there on the dirt road you could be in some better mule deer country. I also wouldn't consider thay far north "harrison west" anymore

Pure blasphemy.....it's perfectly hikeable terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Pure blasphemy.....it's perfectly hikeable terrain.
    Have you ever actually bushwacked for 11km?
    Go hike for 11km in West harrison Then tell me how much hunting time you had left. Prove me wrong with an actual trip report.

It's a hunting thread for Christs sakes. No one needs to prove anything. No wonder some people don't post their stories.

Everyione should take internet posting with a grain of salt. Just enjoy the tales.

I seriously doubt you bushwacked for 11km through the harrison jungle or that you saw 100 deer.

At least post the 5 dead ones to show your story holds some water.
    Who are you to question anybody??
    Where are all your successful hunting photos??
    I don't think I've ever seen you start a thread about deer you killed, only questions for people who do kill deer.

Every year many nice bucks are taken up Harrison on both sides and every year guys claim there are no deer up there, just quads and trucks.
    All your posts are negative, you need a new hobby.

Have you ever actually bushwacked for 11km?
    Go hike for 11km in West harrison Then tell me how much hunting time you had left. Prove me wrong with an actual trip report.
    its really the only way to successfully hunt region 2. I'm not going to get in to a pissing match with you about this. Go give it a try and you may be able to stop interrogating other successful people and find some deer for yourself!

pics or it didnt happen..i shot 2 small bucks west harrison close to the road lol in my first year hunting...wheres your pics? you post yours ill post mine
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Who are you to question anybody??
    Where are all your successful hunting photos??
    I don't think I've ever seen you start a thread about deer you killed, only questions for people who do kill deer.

Every year many nice bucks are taken up Harrison on both sides and every year guys claim there are no deer up there, just quads and trucks.
    All your posts are negative, you need a new hobby.
    Who are YOU to question ME? Lol.