Thread: New place to go spend a week in the bush

New place to go spend a week in the bush

I live in enderby, primarily hunt around 8-21,3-12,4-32/4-15

im havin a terrible season so far, had a chance on a bear but let it pass as i was really not intending on doing anything but going for a drive to check on sign.... no pack, no rain gear, close to dark.

i bought a camper last spring, lived in it most of the summer. Havnt used it since. Im getting tired of the amount of road hunters in my immediate area... to the point of it getting depressing.

im planning on leaving on sunday night and i want to go to a new area. I was thinking perhaps towards princeton/hedley or maybe osoyoos direction... i got a sliptank of diesel, my camper and my backpack and boots. I would like to park it and hit the bush for 7/10 days and just go explore with a chance at anything... i have bear/moose/elk/both deer tags... is there anywhere within 3/4hrs of enderby that you would recomend for a guy to go, do some hiking, set up the spotter and just spend a week in the forest away from the crowds? An animal would be great... but im running out of places that i think are awsome to go close to me only to be dissapointed as the masses of trucks and quads show up... i realize there is a ton of terrain in 4-32/4-15 but between the logging going on and the locals... my usual spots are pounded out...

any tip, advice or idea would be greatly appreciated... thank you for your time

pm me if you like, any and all ideas will be appreciated and concidered

Not looking for gps coordinates or honeyholes, i just need some ideas for a new area to go explore
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New place to go spend a week in the bush

Pm sent..
    Srupp

Why not go East, in 8-25 and -8-24 north of Kingfisher?

Or that network of roads south of Ashton Creek in 8-25.

That's where I'd go or at least go exploring in the summer time if I lived in Enderby, but why not now with black bear, mulie bucks open, whitetail bucks open and even whitetail does open?

Kelowna is the same. I've been learning to use the road hunting pressure as the deer don't go far but just far enough to be away from the roads. Look for little high spots blocking the rest of the area from the road or low spots beyond the higher spots. At the end of ever road go for a walk, no one else does��
    BCWF
    VIPDC

We went up to Princeton on Thanks giving Monday. Saw two bear Princeton side of Sunday summit, just off the road, to the South. Then, in downtown Princeton, a bunch of lookie-lous were watching some deer just off 5A,at the Otter Lake turn off. We drove back to the coast by way of 5A, and saw some in a field, munching green grass. Where the fire had burned on both sides of the road there were more deer, but no bone-heads. A bit farther North, wife spotted another beside the road, but I was busy at the time. They are out there! Dave.

Seymour Arm and keep going. Get away from the crowds. Get back in there and git ta gittin’. There is fuel and supplies in the town of Seymour Arm. Best part is no cell. Little to no people. You can work your way to west side of Revelstoke Reservoir. Few folks there. Animals will be there. Road bunters few.

Go north!! Lotsa game and fewer people.