Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Lake CO,s and tickets

Stewart Lake CO,s and tickets

While at Stewart lake fishing with the wife I met a fellow there who was out hunting and camping at the lake. On the day he arrived he took his rifle (unloaded) jumped on his quad with his chainsaw and headed out for some firewood. He told me that he found a tree stopped and got ready to fall it. He decided to load his rifle as there was a lot of bear sign there. After loading it he leaned the rifle against one tire of the quad. After falling the tree he was bucking up the tree and a co stopped and ticked him for a loaded firearm in a vehicle. Bloody rubbish. I saw the same co later and talked to him about discretion and intent. But the co was very happy with what he did. Poor job judgement.
    Last edited by northernbc; 10-13-2017 at 01:36 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stewart Lake CO,s and tickets

I have heard of this in the past...its a chicken shit fine that should be disputed in court.
    The co was following the law the way he has to too keep his job.. next time lean it on a stump instead.

That's a pretty douche move.

Should be allowed to have a loaded magazine and empty chamber in regards to vehicles.

In my opinion a gun isn't loaded with out a live round in the chamber.

it is the law and has happened years ago to my now passed uncle.... like 70's years ago..... Shotgun and lunch

Same thing happened to me!!! I returned to my truck after a long day of hiking/ hunting in 7b, opened the passenger door of my truck, rested my rifle against the seat with the butt pad in the snow, truck wasn't running, was parked there all day, I was peeling off layers because I was sweating like a dog after my hike out, and while taking layers off a CO pulled up and we talked for a few mins, showed him my PAL and tags, with my rifle still resting against the seat (gun outside the truck passenger side, truck wasn't running all day) and I had my mag in with 3 rounds because it didn't even cross my mind I was doing anything wrong, it wasn't like I was driving around with a loaded gun, but he still gave me a fine for a loaded firearm in a vehicle although it wasn't even in the truck!!! So be aware they will pull that $hit

there is no grey area with the co's. it is black and white.we are all guilty till proven innocent.

I'm kind of on the CO's side on this one. It's not an obscure law.

If the law wasn't there... I'd drive around with a loaded rifle and when I got pulled over, I'd just set my loaded rifle out my window... then I would no longer have a loaded firearm in my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Should be allowed to have a loaded magazine and empty chamber in regards to vehicles.

In my opinion a gun isn't loaded with out a live round in the chamber.
    How quick is it to jack a round out of the chamber when you get pulled over by a CO?

On a different note. If hunters use the excuse "cause it's legal" in rebuttal to anti-hunters... we gotta use "cause it's illegal" when something is illegal.

The accused can go to court and dispute it.. maybe a judge would see it different
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I think we all have to remember that the CO's are there for the good of our sport. A loaded firearm is no trivial thing. I completely understand the individuals difficulty with the fine and I probably wouldn't appreciate it either, but if you think about the crap that the co's probably see and deal with all the time they can hardly be blamed for following the letter of the law. There's a lot of idiots running around out there and they have no idea if they just pulled up to one or not!