Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drone footage: Wolf vs Moose

Drone footage: Wolf vs Moose

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Drone footage: Wolf vs Moose

That's awesome, wolf got off lucky, but had the cow gotten out of the water might not have ended so well.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    That's awesome, wolf got off lucky, but had the cow gotten out of the water might not have ended so well.
    I kept saying . . . Stay in the water, stay, go deeper! Couldn't tell if the wolf kept looking in the woods for reinforcements, or the drone sound was distracting it. One more wolf and it would have been a different outcome for sure.

60 lbs vs 700 lbs.
    Without the river that cow was toast.

The commitment of that wolf demonstrated what a devastating predator they are.
    Truly incredible.

This may come as a complete shock to the likes of Raincoast supporter types .......as wolf numbers continue to escalate they remove more animals off the landscape. Simple reality.

Wolves don't survive on cappuccinos and herbal tea ...... unlike their downtown advocates opposed to trying to create balance.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

If I had to guess I'd say the cow probably had a calf in the bushes that had already been claimed by the wolf/wolves. She kept looking into the bushes, and I doubt would have stuck around that long had she not been protecting a calf.

Wolves are killing machines....there’s a reason ungulates are declining everywhere. Amazing how little survises when they sweep thru a valley in large pack. Put the fear in all ungulates for sure. Too many wolves is a BIG problem. Habitat not the issue....Predation is. like Ourea said...one more wolf and completely different outcome and not so warm and fuzzy for all those millions of of internet shares to watch. Different music and a dead moose with intestines trailing in the water would likey have gained more support for predator control.

No doubt.... little *******s arnt furry cuddle machines all the hippies want to beleive
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Lucky moose.

"Moose Saved by Drone"...that's a first! Looks like the first wolf was trying to lure the cow onto land. Would have been lights out for her. Very cool but would have liked to see what would have happened if the drone had not interfered.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

CO sees that footage and they will track down the drone owner and confiscate / fine them. It will be construed as wildlife harassment. There is a minimum distance required and they may have been too close with the drone.