Thread: Fraser Delta Snow Show

guest Guest

Fraser Delta Snow Show

Well that special time has arrived. The Snows have arrived on the Fraser Delta, Ladner area.
    They continue to build in numbers and are offering some good shoots to those privelidged that have access . Wishing these buggers would also move more inland, but it's rare. So, get out there with your punt, your dingy, your rubber raft lol, cartopper covered in camo, for the foreshore, or field wise, waders, chest or hippies, gum boots, flip flops, what ever ya do.., call up that distant relative with da farm in Ladner, ...dust off them deeks, Get out there and enjoy the local Snow Show. It's Short lived and a ton of fun if ya can do it.

Good or luck to you.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fraser Delta Snow Show

I'm stoked. Can't wait to get at them. I was out opening day and though we were setup to far from Westham Island to have any come near us, there were lots of hunters bringing them in.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Well that special time has arrived. The Snows have arrived on the Fraser Delta, Ladner area.
    They continue to build in numbers and are offering some good shoots to those privelidged that have access . Wishing these buggers would also move more inland, but it's rare. So, get out there with your punt, your dingy, your rubber raft lol, cartopper covered in camo, for the foreshore, or field wise, waders, chest or hippies, gum boots, flip flops, what ever ya do.., call up that distant relative with da farm in Ladner, ...dust off them deeks, Get out there and enjoy the local Snow Show. It's Short lived and a ton of fun if ya can do it.

Good or luck to you.
    You would have to be nuts to go out there in anything resembling a rubber dingy or similar craft. If you do go, keep a keen eye on tides and weather (wind) and be especially careful doing any wading.

Yeah I would have to agree... The only place I feel relatively safe wading is the flats at boundary bay. Even then, there are tons of channels that would put you over your head. The tidal flights along the Fraser is a completely different animal. So many narrow channels that would seem fine, but are actually quite deep. We decided last time out that a dog is in our future.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    You would have to be nuts to go out there in anything resembling a rubber dingy or similar craft. If you do go, keep a keen eye on tides and weather (wind) and be especially careful doing any wading.

Wow some of you have no sense of haha ........ look for the LOL ....... Note the rubber dingy, flip flops, really these are part of my waterfowling atire. .....Only trying to encourage others if possible to take in this hunt. True ..... Safety never takes a holiday.

LOL. Ya sorry, guess I was being anal.