Thread: Seeing bites/rods through drop curtain

Seeing bites/rods through drop curtain

What does everyone do to better see their rods/tips through the "see-through" drop curtains on their boats. When it's cooler and I put all the side windows and rear drop curtain on, I find it hard to see the rods through the clear vinyl to detect bites on the riggers. Asides from havin a brighter tip on the rod, I'm sure some of you have come up with some bright ideas..... When it's cold and pissing rain it's nice to stay inside with the heater but don't wanna be missing fish either.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Seeing bites/rods through drop curtain

I haven't seen it in action but I have heard of a set up involving a set of old school ignition points, and a doorbell.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

I have used a little bell that clips onto the downrigger line. Call it the "diner bell"

Not sure I understand the question , when a fish bites your lure while the line is attached to the downrigger , it should pop out of the clip and the whurrrrrr of reel should alert you ... Fish on !! Any suggestion would be loosen the tension on your clip .

tape a little glow stick on the end
    or those little lights the kids put on their fingers
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

We put bells on the rods when we are bar fishing for springs. No reason you couldn't use it for sturgeon. Just be prepared to loose a few bells if they fall out of the boat.