Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: salmon/halibut charters??

Arrow Re: salmon/halibut charters??

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm I would PM IronNoggin. .on here. .Matt knows west coast fishing...great guy..not a accurate shooter but great guy..lol
    Srupp
    LOL!!!

Used to be reasonably accurate, but with this damn eye issue...
    Tell you what though SRUPP, if they manage to put it back together, you are definitely ON for an ol' fashioned Turkey Shoot!

To Jmazu: Shoot me a pm. Know a bit about the Island and it's fishing, and always willing to share...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: salmon/halibut charters??

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    LOL!!!

Turkeys nae reasonably accurate, but with this damn eye issue...
    Tell you what though SRUPP, if they manage to put it back together, you are definitely ON for an ol' fashioned Turkey Shoot!

To Jmazu: Shoot me a pm. Know a bit about the Island and it's fishing, and always willing to share...

Cheers,
    Nog
    Hmmm turkey shoot..? Is that when 2 turkeys named steven and Matt go shooting ? Lol take care of that eye Matt.
    Cheers from the Cariboo
    Steven

Thumbs up Re: salmon/halibut charters??

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm turkey shoot..? Is that when 2 turkeys named Steven and Matt go shooting ?
    aYup!!

Looking Forward...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by TreeStandMan View Post
    In my opinion, if you want the best experience you have to be on the outside, and the further north and more remote the better. If you agree, Kyuquot is the place.

I'd recommend Murphy's if you want a good professional experience, or Slam Bang if you're looking for a more family feeling experience.

There are other good operations out there, as well as some to stay away from. Shoot me a PM if you want more info.
    X 2 on that! Check out their web site. Been going for 8 or 9 years now and it gets better each year.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

I agree Kyuquot is tough to beat, But for those that cannot handle the big water outside. Campbell River's June Chinook fishery is world class

http://crsportfishing.ca/
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

As others have said....my vote would also be Kyuquot. On the outside I have fished Tofino, Ukie, Nootka and Kyuquot would be my favourite by a long shot; it's actually one of my absolute favourite places period.

One thing to bear in mind is there really isn't anything there as opposed to somewhere like Tofino, but if there for fish and the West Coast experience you can't beat it IMHO.

As a side note, 'sometimes' there are slot limits on chinook that come into play on the inside waters. This year Kyuquot didn't have one but in years past it usually kicks in around July 15th.

One other piece of advice if you choose to hit the outside waters is even if it's calm the swell can ruin a day with pukers. Even if people say "I don't get seasick" don't underestimate the swell out there as if one person gets ill the boat gets pretty small for all aboard. I always when running out offshore give people on the boat Meclizine first thing in the morning purely as a preventative measure and have yet to have anyone get sick when they've taken it and I have a buddy who is a chronic puker even on calm days. He's fine on inside water but the swell destroys him. A quick remedy that has worked wonders is I make sure he takes gravol before bed as it tends to make some people sleepy....but he's got it well in his system and then I give him Meclizine in the morning and his puking days are now in the past.
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 10-13-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Lances sport fishing adventures out of Tofino, has accom as well. Great guy and a fish killer.
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Lances sport fishing adventures out of Tofino, has accom as well. Great guy and a fish killer.
    He is a great guy....I know him well. Jeff from Braedy Mack in Tofino is another good one, he's a close bud and introduced me to Lance a few years back...have had great days with both.

not sure if he still owns it or not but Wayne ridley out of winter harbor, or try outpost at winter harbor, or qulicam charters out of winter harbor, best fishing spot down the west coast of the island in my opinion, big water though.

Wayne sold out 2 or 3 years ago, and I wouldn't be recommending Qualicum. Had some experiences there last year that were quite unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody bellies View Post
    not sure if he still owns it or not but Wayne ridley out of winter harbor, or try outpost at winter harbor, or qulicam charters out of winter harbor, best fishing spot down the west coast of the island in my opinion, big water though.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.