Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly in Drop Hunts

Re: Fly in Drop Hunts

We didn't have horses or trailers. Wall tent, canoe, and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Has anyone used these guys and rented a cabin?

https://www.bcresidenthunting.com/south-gataga-lake
    Its Urs place, Northern Rockies Lodge. I have hunted Netson Lake before the cabin went in and we had a great hunt!! Not sure what it is like now. I am sure the lakes he has cabins on are all busy, but if you have a boat and are not afraid to burn boot leather, you will increase your odds on being successful.

I am planning a caribou hunt in 2019 and will be digging into locations and costs this winter. Will be following this post as well.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

guest Guest

I'd like to do a fly in but have been very satisfied with Riverjet adventures ( 1 ) and Steamboat Mnt Outfitters (3) times. I'd go back to either of them again. Yes more money, but great areas ..... And well worth not sleeping in a cabin lol and roughing it a tad more.

[QUOTE=Sitkaspruce;1943628]Its Urs place, Northern Rockies Lodge. I have hunted Netson Lake before the cabin went in and we had a great hunt!! Not sure what it is like now. I am sure the lakes he has cabins on are all busy, but if you have a boat and are not afraid to burn boot leather, you will increase your odds on being successful.

I am planning a caribou hunt in 2019 and will be digging into locations and costs this winter. Will be following this post as well.

Cheers

SS[/QUOTE

Hi;
    I did a Caribou hunt fly in with Urs if you would like more information feel free to PM me be glad to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Its Urs place, Northern Rockies Lodge. I have hunted Netson Lake before the cabin went in and we had a great hunt!! Not sure what it is like now. I am sure the lakes he has cabins on are all busy, but if you have a boat and are not afraid to burn boot leather, you will increase your odds on being successful.

Cheers

SS
    Did a caribou hunt with URS and we got 2 nice 5points. PM me for more.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Are there any other operators offering fly in packages? Someone told me there was an operation at the outdoor show in Abby last year that was offering fly in packages.

I have been reading lots of positive reviews on Alpine Air. As a first time fly in hunter I am curious how one decides on a lake or area? Does one look to the charter operator for some guidance or suggestions?

We are flexible on the species and or combination of species, with all of the discussion and our own experience last month on the Tuchodi and Muskwa being hammered with wolves we are thinking Moose, Caribou, and possibly sheep and goats.

We are looking at 2019 for 3 hunters.

Thanks to those that offer positive comments, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Chuck

Tagged for interest.

Flew with Alpine air twice now (the last this august). I would recommend them in a heart beat. Great people. They even came to pick me up at the Whitehorse airport before they flew me out.

I think for the most part you have to have your lake picked out. Don't think to many outfits will tell you where to go as this could be seen as guiding/outfitting by some. They are there just to drop you off and pick you up.

BHB

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    I have been reading lots of positive reviews on Alpine Air. As a first time fly in hunter I am curious how one decides on a lake or area? Does one look to the charter operator for some guidance or suggestions?

We are flexible on the species and or combination of species, with all of the discussion and our own experience last month on the Tuchodi and Muskwa being hammered with wolves we are thinking Moose, Caribou, and possibly sheep and goats.

We are looking at 2019 for 3 hunters.

Thanks to those that offer positive comments, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

BHB,
    Thanks for the feedback, trying to plan a hunt of this nature without ever being in the area makes it challenging, Thats also a reason why Riverjet and Steamboat are good options. I know in the case of Kevin at Riverjet he is very good at suggesting a spot to drop you based on your hunting style and goals.