Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly in Drop Hunts

Fly in Drop Hunts

I am thinking about doing a fly in hunt in 2019. I know of a few guys that have booked trips through different operators. Some have remote cabins that they can set you up at, others a complete drop camp.

Looking to hear what others think about both options and review/opinions on operators and charters.

I have tipi and wall tent camps but thinking a cabin would work better given the weight restrictions.

We have done a couple Tuchodi trips with Riverjet and they have been awesome. Looking at options.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fly in Drop Hunts

Hmmm have a couple suggestions...too much to type..
    Send a pm with ph. Number..I will call
    Cheers
    Steven

You could always go outfitted with steamboat. Did it with my dad and had an awesome time, got two elk. Its horseback, but everything included. Even Seymour's humour. lol.

Did a fly in out of Dease lake this year with BC Yukon Air. We were able to get in and out with one flight each way for two of us. Coming out we had a large bull moose and decent caribou. If you keep your camp light its fairly easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    You could always go outfitted with steamboat. Did it with my dad and had an awesome time, got two elk. Its horseback, but everything included. Even Seymour's humour. lol.
    Care to share the price of such an adventure? Sounds expensive

Its 350 a day per person based on 10 day hunt. So 7000 for two. I think they also do a drop off, bringing your own gear for less.
    Considering the effort they put in and area you get into its reasonable.
    Meals were fine and everything carried out in professional fashion. Passed on a big bull moose there

Has anyone used these guys and rented a cabin?

https://www.bcresidenthunting.com/south-gataga-lake

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    Its 350 a day per person based on 10 day hunt. So 7000 for two. I think they also do a drop off, bringing your own gear for less.
    Considering the effort they put in and area you get into its reasonable.
    Meals were fine and everything carried out in professional fashion. Passed on a big bull moose there

Outfit yourself and it will cost you 1/2 of that, and that will include the diesel to drive up to Dease and back from the LML and meat cutting/wrapping for Your moose!

Hmmm average fly in costs seem to average $1200 per hunter for flights..in beaver..not otter..usually don't have 6 in a group..
    Separate flight for meat will up that by $600 per hunter...beaver is 1200 pound payload..turbo beaver is 1300 pound payload. .under $10 per air mile..
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Outfit yourself and it will cost you 1/2 of that, and that will include the diesel to drive up to Dease and back from the LML and meat cutting/wrapping for Your moose!
    Not everyone has a place to keep horses and trailers and everything else required for such a hunt.