Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poached Cow Moose

Poached Cow Moose

This is my first time posting and feel compelled to at this point. Our hunting party was in Region 7-26 hunting for Bull Moose, Spike Fork Moose, and deer from Sept 30 to Oct 8th. My hunting partner and I came across a cow moose that was taken on the Oct 7th. I believe that this was illegal but want confirmation from someone else on the dates. Now I know there was only one other party in there and they were there last year but given that when we found her their camp was packed up and gone real quick the morning we found it. We talked to them earlier and they were staying through the long weekend at least that how we interpreted it. They also left a souvenir (Spot flash light) so I am not sure what I can do regarding reporting the poaching if it is. All I know is the area they are from and the type of trucks they were driving

What can I do? Anything as I have no evidence?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Poached Cow Moose

Call the RAPP line and give them all the info you can.

Just report your findings to the CO Service - they will interview them and if they feel there is enough evidence to start a CASE they will then WATER BOARD them till they confess and then toss them into prison for the rest of there Lives ! RJ

There is no cow season, but there is a calf season (youth/senior) there. Could have been someone shooting what they thought was a calf.

If it is obvious the cow was killed by a gun/bowshot out of season, then you should be reporting it to RAPP and let the COs take it from there.

positive it was a cow and not a calf?

the cow leh was not open on Oct 7 (Oct 10-25) but calf GOS was open to senior/youth

if you suspect foul play then report it, that's what the rapp line is for

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/spo...-2017-2018.pdf

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/spo...8-region7a.pdf
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Natives target practice?

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/cons...151528829?mt=8
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Cool tool! I'm installing it now

the comments are interesting, apparently some sketchy hunters out there....

Another snitch app.

by khufu12 We are becoming a nation of snitches. Remember what happens to snitches in jail! How about an app that points out environmentalists who break the law.
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Well this has gone down a dark path..if it was poached phone it in and let tbe law do there job...

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    positive it was a cow and not a calf?

the cow leh was not open on Oct 7 (Oct 10-25) but calf GOS was open to senior/youth

Yes very positive it was a cow and not a calf. They took everything but the hide and the head minus the snout. We were worried it was the bull moose we saw a few days earlier but when we flipped the head over it was clear that it was a cow.

Thanks for the link to the app reference I will install and will be contacting the RAPP line. Not a snitch just thinking about fairness and hunting legally etc