Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Time Moose Hunters. 2 Bulls down. Story and pics.

Re: First Time Moose Hunters. 2 Bulls down. Story and pics.

Well done, congrats on your successful moose hunt!!
    Live to Hunt...

congrats on the moose! great pics
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Sorry if this come
    S across rude srupp you are a helpful team player.
    But where you not one of the ones sreaming close region five...now your helping harvest..no foul intent i even talked to you offering help when you had stones and where evacuated please help me u derstand the change in heart....

Very cool...

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Sorry if this come
    S across rude srupp you are a helpful team player.
    But where you not one of the ones sreaming close region five...now your helping harvest..no foul intent i even talked to you offering help when you had stones and where evacuated please help me u derstand the change in heart....
    Hmm no you are not being rude..i did mean what I said if I had been tasked with the decision I would have closed the entire season.period.
    However they didn't, they left significant sections open .places where hunters were allowed to go, had LEH TAGS. and i drove out and checked for fire damage.the hunters were going in, I chose to help them .a lot were first time hunters..I'm certain they benifit ed from the tactics and help provided them .
    Some hunters West of the Fraser river I spoke with and I could not help them.their areas were burned for miles..ash and stumps..this was before the season was officially closed by gov't. I had already concluded that there was nothing I could add to help..it was unhurt able and not worth the effort.
    East of williams lake was untouched....however the vast majority of areas were pristine..a few burned close by wild wood .
    The area north on the Barker villa hwy,5..15..all normal conditions. I chose to help in what way I could...

It was a pretty normal hunting season in some parts..high percentage of success..rapid success in a couple days for most part..for most groups.in some parts out west there was a few successes..but large areas were closed to hunting.
    I felt it was appropriate to still help, and did so to the best of my ability.thank you for noticing that help.
    Cheers
    Steven

Congrats guys on a couple of nice bulls.
    Putting in the hours to get your second, good job.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Congrats guys and thanks to Srupp and everyone who helps out!
    were heading out late this year ( later than we've ever gone) due to work and schedules so I'm hoping to have some late season 7-8 pics for you

very good to see 1st time hunters with nice animals, I'm not sure what is bigger with the 2nd Bull, his rack or your smile!
    I'm so pumped heading up Wednesday morning for 10 days, way way up !

Congrats on the moose times 2! Way to stay at it and get the second one. And hats off to srupp for being one of those guys that always helps out others.
    Last edited by dd3boss; 10-16-2017 at 08:37 PM.