Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where are the deer this year

Re: where are the deer this year

I'm not hunting them right now but have seen 9 in 7 days of hunting. No bucks. It's October which means they disappear.

many deers taken out tunkwa lake area,,,my buddys get 3 last 2 weeks..but ya have to know where to go..and BE EARLY morning,,ya snooz ya loose..

Concentrated on WT early in Sept and seen lots of young bucks and took a small 4x4. I've been out once looking for Muleys and have seen sign in all the places I expect to see sign and a few does. Now I am in Moose mode as I have a draw, and the area I hunt moose has Mule deer, but I have only seen a glimpse maybe of one, but again, lots of sign.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Sign for blacktail In southern region 2....has been a little slow....but with the rains finally settling in and colder temps I imagine that will change shortly....one thing with blacktails....just gotta wait for the rains.lol

Buddy got a brute mule buck the other day bumped it at 4pm big 5 by 4 27 inch spread...same day took my little brother out he came down from kamloops went for a good hike with the pack frames glassed n seen about 30 does on the way back to the truck bumped a 3 point n a doe buck down for little brother...I still have yet to connect on anything this year last day of September I called in a bull came in quite caught me off guard at 1030am couldn't get a ethical shot...same day bumped 4 bucks all together same bump. I don't have the same luck as some road hunters always seems like I'm wasting my time I like to hike learn the lay of the land n where the animals are

Been out 4 times. So far just does. No bucks. Fine by me. I'd hate to shoot something this early and give up all the fun.

Spent Thurs. to Monday in 8-5 for a big family Thanksgiving Weekend and to get the Son In Law out hunting, he just got his PAL and CORE the weekend before.
    Saturday way up in the hills we saw a couple of does, zero bucks but the neighbours saw 3 bucks there the previous day. Neighbours went a different direction that day, returned with 3 bucks.
    They returned the next day to the same area, nothing at all seen. We went up the hills behind the cabin, 2 bucks spotted and tracked but both Son and Son In Law made wise decisions ( proud of them ) in not taking difficult shots.
    All in all a great time getting out with the Boys regardless of no tags being cut. I'll head back in a week or so.

Been out twice this year -once for 15 mins and once for 30 mins. A mulie buck and WT doe in freezer.

Winter kill in much of 8-5 deer mostly in pockets not all over like previous years you need to find areas where they survived

only been out once for 2 1/2 days for the any buck mulie opening in reg 3...we were up by goldbridge and I never even saw a track or any other sign of a deer in the 4 places we hunted...I did get up close and personal with a moose family in one of the spots and they didn't seem to go anywhere as we saw them on the first and last hunts in the one area (mama, small bull and immature 1x2 calf bull) but moose was still closed there.....
    the one old fella on a sxs that came by us told us "there are no deer around as everyone and their dog poaches does and what is left gets cleaned out by the natives"...I just felt like he was a local "protecting his area" and kinda made me chuckle as Goldbridge: population 43 would have a hard time denting deer pops I would think.... we drove up on the hurley and back through lilooet and the only deer I saw was a town deer in lilooet